that place was not for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone ,i went to a detox /rehab centre and after less than a day i realised it was not for me it was very religious which i am not so im back out.When i left i assured them i was not leaving to drink and to be honest when i left i can honestly say that walking out those doors i had no shame but i was more determined than ever not to drink i am going to get my self better (with help) and i want to learn to help others.I will when i am able take myself off and find people in need in poor or developing countries and work with them,give something back if you like.two things if anyone know of alternative or holistic therapies that have helped them please send them in a private message to me and if you know of volunteer groups who work abroad please also forward comtact details to me .
    I feeling real positive today i hope you do tooo May you all find peace Diareban x:thanks:
    try never stop trying and when your beaten remember your friends they may not have faces they may not have voices but they are there and they care so get up and try again ,,,never stop:goodjob:

well sure you tied it, the hardest part was always going to be living alcohol free in the big wide world anyway so the best of luck to you.

Comment

jeeze! Id forgotton about my new avator and that doll just frightened the beejeepers outta me!

Comment

Lol Limer's! All the best Daire. It's all possible!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Daireban,
          What great motivation to stay sober.
          Focus on your recovery and the rest will be sure to follow.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

At least you tried it Daire that type of place wouldn't be for me either as i'm more spiritual than religious. If anyone has tried hypnotherapy and had success pm me as i would like to try it... or acupunture. Thanks.

Comment

Hey Daire,

Congrats on giving it a chance.. that took a lot of courage. That place wouldn't have worked for me either... actually it might have driven me to drink!!

Keep trying different things. You'll find the right combination that works for you pretty soon. Everyone is different.

Stay strong buddy,
              --Steve

Comment

Daireban,
                Hope you didn't lose any money by leaving the rehab. Did they misrepresent themselves earlier by making themselves out not to be religious?

As far as travel abroad, what about the good ol' Peace Corps?

Comment

Working...
                X