2 Days AF and heading for number 3 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time in a long time I have gone 2 days AF and am feeling good, this may change but am really proud of myself. Thank you for all your kind words and support yesterday.

Must confess has not been a great day at the office and then my 4 year old threw up all over the carpet, got some horrible bug and only had two thoughts about having a glass of wine then it passed! Not that I'm saying your child throwing up is a good way to stop drinking but it certainly kept me busy and didn't have a drink. And I'm sober to care for him if he's poorly in the night and not leave it to hubby!

Hopefully it will be a good day tomorrow for me and you all too!

Here's to day 3 AF.

Izzy xxx

Thats great Izzy, I am glad your feeling proud of yourself, you deserve to. As you say you will be there for your child if needed tonight, that must mean a lot to you.
    Take it one day at a time and keep posting, we are here for you.
    Keep safe
    KTAB
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good for you Izzy. Good luck on day 3 and on and on.
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Izzy, your making this grandma proud of you here, and lots of young mommies DO NOT these days! Your thinking ahead of the drink, as to how it would make you behave if you were needed by someone who is totally dependent on you, and only here because you chose them to be. So, for at least the next, ummmm, 15-18 years, think beyond the drink, because there is NO substitute for Mama, and I've read and seen so many terrible stories of women who weren't there in those very important moments.
        One Day At A Time!! Okay. Take PRIDE in it, its worth it.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

C'mon Izzy! Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Well Done Izzy

So glad you're going for it. You sound much more upbeat today, even thought you've got a sick kiddie to look after. Wishing you a good night with no more puke to clean up.
            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Hi Izzy,
              I had a puking 2 year old last Tuesday, on hubby's birthday, when we had already gotten locked out of the house, on our way to get ingredients for hubby's birthday dinner, which I then forgot at the store! Talk about triple whammy!

Anyway, this is day 2 for me. I am kind of ODATing, but for god's sake I want to get more than day 1 AF. (and let's just say that last Tues. wasn't one of them.) Good job on day 3! Day 3 is usually hard for me. Hope your 4 year old is better!

Comment

Well done Izzy, you should be very proud of yourself, you will be on day 3 A/F now, so no going back girl, you can go all the way. Just stick with it, I know you can do this and I know you WILL do this, remember to keep very busy, it helped me a great deal and also comming here and posting and getting lots of support from these wonderful people.
                Your doing great, keep it up :happy:
                Thinking of you
                Ronnie xx
                :dancin: enguin:
                starting over

Comment

Izzy - well done you! Keep it up, think only one day at a time right now your family needs you....sober!

Taz x

Comment

Working...
                  X