ODAT Wednesday June 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Happy ODAT All. I miss my ODAT if someone doesn't post it. It's a marker for my day that another day goes past without a return to my old habits. MWO is my new habit. It works for me when I'm good, and helps me up when I slip. Not slipping today! Halfway through the week and all of my problems are solvable and my complaints are trivial. Have a great day all.

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Hi Boss.man, I'm glad you're doing well. Day 3 AF ( I had a couple of sips at a job dinner but just for the pretense) I feel so much better. Especially emotionally.
    Take care.
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Ill join in the ODAT for today! The past week or so has been rather strange. I have been drinking, but not getting drunk really. I think I drink even when I do not have much of a craving, its just an old habit. I've actually had no intentions of drinking, and then thought to myself, Hey why arent you drinking???? Thats what you do! How stupid is that, to drink without even having a craving, just totally out of habit.

Well, its a learning process.. and I guess bad habits are meant to be broken! Kinda like chewing your nails. When you chew your nails, your nails look ugly. But still you chew your nails. (although I am happy to say I DO NOT chew my nails)

Have a good day everyone!
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

I hear you Overit - habits can be hard to break.

I'm feeling a bit better today - didn't sleep great but I think the anti-depressants are starting to kick in. Day 3 for me today which is rather easy as I can't drink on the meds - at least that's a good thing.

Something is going on at work, not sure what yet, should find out in about 15 minutes, got a phone call from a colleague saying that s*** is flying about my boss and that it has actually gone to head office at this point - not sure what the scoop is there but I guess I"ll know soon - hope it's not bad and we're not all going to get frickin fired!

I'll keep you all posted!
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Ewwwww. Drama. Good luck with that Universal, keep us posted!
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

I'll join in this thread today. I had 5 AF days, then last night went out and blew it. So much for being a good "moderator"... feel bad, and I KNOW I disappointed my kids. There's still half a bottle of wine left, and I DO NOT want to drink it at least until Friday. I should know by now that once I START to drink, I don't STOP until I pass out...not a great way to be.... So, today I have no plans to drink....I just hope I can keep up my resolve!

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Joining in today. Feeling in the right mental space for success but I'm at home instead of work which is my physical space for drinking. I so hear the habit thing Overit. Sometimes I'm grateful for a emotional trigger to drink then I don't have to face that really my drinking is responding to my primitive rat brain of mindless routine.:sigh:

Boss.man - I assume the sun is shining on your garden since it's shining up here north of you. The corn that survived the canadian geese grazing LOVES day like this.

Universal - maybe your boss is getting fired????

Crybaby - today's a new day, at least you know where you want to go.
              Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Well, 2nd day AF. Kind of by accident! Yesterday was deliberate, but today I (for whatever reason that I wish I could understand!) just didn't feel like drinking??

Tomorrow looks good for AF since I'm meeting a non-drinking friend for lunch and an outing... Probably will be mid-afternoon before she heads back home.

'Course, I'm taking it One day at a time!!
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Crybaby, take the wine and put it into ice cube trays and freeze it to use in cooking. You could pour it out, I suppose. But if you don't want to do that, at least it's not accessible (unless you want a wine-sicle)!

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

ODATERS!!!

Busy, busy!! On the way home from and out of town run today I stopped by a little market they started having at the zoo. Not inside the entrance. Local farmers with little stands. I love to chat with the people that do that. They seem to usually have a really good energy field. I bought some squash, okra, shelled speckled limas and some organic eggs. All picked today. Got a thunder storm brewing so I guess no doggie park tonight.

Everybody sounds good. Uni glad you're back on the wagon. And savvy, still trying.

Special welcome to crybaby and luvwins! :welcome:
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Wednesday June 10

Howdy ODATers.

Hope everyone is doing well. Universal, let us know what happens on the job front. If anyone gets fired let's hope it's just the boss. HEE HEE! :H

Greenie, I love the farmer's markets too. Can't wait until the really good crops start coming in around here. Nothing much yet but cheese and such for now.

Boss, isn't it nice when the complaints are only trivial? Love it!!

Savon - take all the days you don't feel like drinking...yahoo!

Comment

Working...
                      X