Second first day- feel like poo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H- I have no better advice than what has already been offered. Just wanted to say welcome, you seem a lovely person, and don't give up!!!

Comment

Thanks scrubbly thats really kind

Comment

Welcome, hdb!

I am so glad you found us! Good luck, and keep reading and posting. It really really really helps to know that all of us know exactly what you are going through. For me, the l-glut and kudzu really help with fighting the cravings. Go for a pleasant walk, have another cuppa, and know that we are all pulling for you!:goodjob:

Comment

Good Luck! You can do it again Just take it one day at a time!
          AF since - 5/24/09
          edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

new & desperate

:new: Hi all, this is my first time here. I've read the book and keep visiting the website but never joined in. Any help on getting out of this nightmare would be hugely appreciated. Reading all the threads make me feel that I'm not the only intelligent (@!?) person out there screwing up on a daily basis!
            I live on a Mediterranean island so doctors/help groups etc are not part of the picture - our GP is an old soak who thinks smoking's not so bad! (Will wait to give that up just now - more paranoid of liver disease than lung cancer).
            My biggest scare is my kids will twig soon that mum is a pathetic lush - or worse, I'll do something that hurts them. I would die for my kids - so how come I regularly put us in situations I then cringe & regret? Maybe I should forget the "intelligent" part!
            Have got to point where I don't remember the end of the evening, promises & plans made and the next day is a battle to achieve just simple stuff. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to turn it all around? What are your ideas on Topa? Worth a try?:thanks:

Comment

mitera;636435 wrote: :new: Hi all, this is my first time here. I've read the book and keep visiting the website but never joined in. Any help on getting out of this nightmare would be hugely appreciated. Reading all the threads make me feel that I'm not the only intelligent (@!?) person out there screwing up on a daily basis!
              I live on a Mediterranean island so doctors/help groups etc are not part of the picture - our GP is an old soak who thinks smoking's not so bad! (Will wait to give that up just now - more paranoid of liver disease than lung cancer).
              My biggest scare is my kids will twig soon that mum is a pathetic lush - or worse, I'll do something that hurts them. I would die for my kids - so how come I regularly put us in situations I then cringe & regret? Maybe I should forget the "intelligent" part!
              Have got to point where I don't remember the end of the evening, promises & plans made and the next day is a battle to achieve just simple stuff. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to turn it all around? What are your ideas on Topa? Worth a try?:thanks:
              Mitera,

Do not just rely on meds, rely on you. I wish I could give you better advice but I am a mama, too, so I understand.

Do whatever it takes.

I feel your pain and fear as I type.

Been there, done that.

My children are both alcoholics. Truly.

It breaks my heart.

Do whatever it takes NOW to stop the cycle of this disease.

You are on the right path. You reached out and we are here.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X