Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - MONDAY

ODATERS!!!!!

Monday!! Always a great day to start fresh should you need to!

I went to a barbeque yesterday and the host had a huge thermos container of iced tea from a mix. Usually that is horrid but it was great and everybody talked about it and that's what most people drank. Funny how I still notice what people drink. I think normal drinkers amaze me and I can't stop marveling at it.

Here's to a good AF run this week. Watch out for potholes!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

ODAT - MONDAY

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

I am DEFINATELY POSITIVELY NOT drinking TODAY! Lately I have been realizing the stupidness of drinking. Dont get me wrong, I know its a serious disease, that is multi-facated, complicated, confusing, serious, and dangerous. I am a victim to its power.

But lately, I can't help but feeling bored with it all. I dont even get a good buzz anymore, and I have realized that after two drinks, well its just plain not fun anymore.

Drinking for me HAS NOT been "FUN" for a very long time, So.... why am I doing something that has lost its "fun" so long ago? Now its just empty calories, making me fat, lazy and depressed.

I have even grown bored with my drinks of choice. Vodka...boring. Chardonnay. Boring.

Please God let me get so bored with it all and so Over It!!!

Have a good week meeting your goals, I am certainly going to try to meet mine this week, (and beyond).
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hey guys,

I hear you both! It isn't fun anymore and it has gotten boring. And I am also amazed at how people can be "normal drinkers".

I am on day 4 here and feeling a bit better. A little bummed about it being Monday (I've been having a really hard time at work lately so it makes it a little difficult to be motivated etc.). My BF's grandfather passed away on the weekend as well so we have a funeral tomorrow. And then with moving etc - just a lot of stuff on the go - makes it difficult to keep myself moving; hard to not be depressed but I'm hanging in.

No AL for me today though for sure, I don't want to fight that beast as well - I will be here tomorrow saying that it's DAY 5. I have my AF beer at home if I get a craving - I have my toolbox and I am ready.

Have a great Monday everyone and good luck meeting your goals today!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in. Uni, sorry about your BF's grandfather. Hang in there, its not easy when a lot is going on.

Have had a very busy week-end so am trying to catch up. Hope everyone has a great week.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Hello,
          I'm new to ODAT but I would like to join you today. I'm sick of being hungover, tired, unmotivated and depressed. Today will be my first AF in a long time.
          ishy

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Welcome Ishy!!!

I hope you enjoy the ODAT thread. For me, its a reinforcement tool. When I post on here, and say "today I am not drinking", I usually do not drink. Something about making the commitment, writing it down, and being accountable for my actions for just that day.

Hope to see you post more often!

Overit
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Welcome Ishy! Glad to have you on the ODAT train and good luck in your AF day. You will feel so much better tomorrow!
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT - MONDAY

Welcome Ishy! ODAT is a great way to check in, and get a reminder of goals. I miss it if it isn't here. Even when I don't post, I almost always check the ODAT every day. You will get lots of help here. Stick around and it will stick with you.

Comment

Working...
                X