Week of June 15, 4 day AF binge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Everyone! I am going to need help this week, so I thought I'd start a new 4 day thread. I am enjoying modding, but noticed that my two glasses of wine is happening every other evening, so I really need to scale it back. Here's to a great week for all of us!:thanks::h

Hi Mica! Thanks for starting this thread! I am in with you for the 4 days. :l

Comment

Me too!
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Me too!

Comment

I'm with you, did 3 days last week and modded the rest of teh week am really quite proud, however let my self down last night drinking a bottle and a half of wine and feeling crap this morning.

Lets do it!

xx

Comment

Mica, you are still doing great, and good for you for being so vigilant about it. Just think where you were before doing your 30 days -- what a diff! Good luck on the new plan.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Hi Everyone
              Mica your an angel, my modding is also creeping up so this thread is great, I am in big time.
              Thanks for starting it.
              Well I cant seem to get warm today, and I have got my eldest boy off from school today as he dos'nt feel very well and I think I am comming down with what he has got, so I am going to take it easy today
              I hope you all have a lovely & sober Tuesday
              And I will check in again tomorrow
              Love ronnie xx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Hi everyone! It's day two!!! Yippee! How is everyone doing? Mica, I didn't get back to you on the other thread. Yes, we are two peas in a pod. Steelers fans always hold a special place in my heart, as well as dog lovers!!

Here's to meeting our goals today. Happy Tuesday.

Comment

I'm a dog lover too. I finally own my first dog after 40 years with cats. Dogs rule! I love my little Yorkie!
                  This site rules too! Here's to an AF week!

Comment

Hey....how come we're only doing 4 days AF?? What happens on the 5th? :eeks:

Comment

Hi Lynnie! I used to have a Yorkie and loved him to death! We do 4 days as a short term goal for the week. Then, either continue through the weekend AF (usually there is a weekend thread) or some mod on after the 4th day. It's just a nice thread to have for the short-term goal. Kind of like ODAT. I look forward to knowing you!

Comment

awprint: Hi there chopper - oh that's nice to hear that you too had a Yorkie. I adore my little pup so much! Maybe I'll change my avatar to his pic! awprint:

Thanks for explaining the thread to me. Ok, so what does ODAT mean?

Comment

ODAT means one day a a time. There is an ODAT thread in the Just Starting Out Section as well.

Sometimes, I wish I still had my Yorkie. No shedding! The big black labs are shedding like crazy. I need to put a pic up of my chopper. I would love to see your Yorkie.

Comment

One day at a Time! I should have know that! :thanks:

Yes, that's what I love about the Yorkie breed....no fur around the house! I'm now furr free since I no longer have cats. So I put up a pic of my little Willy!

So, I feel great I just went for a 5K run during my lunch break here at work. My cheeks are flushed and I just had a Lean Cuisine for lunch. I wish I could always feel like this. Yeserday I felt like crap from drinking/partying over the weekend. You see we have a cottage on a beuatiful lake and unfortunately drinking seems to be the way for lots of people in this lifestyle. Sometimes I wake up feeling so rough that I have to have a drink just to feel half normal. But this week it's ODAT! I usually have no problems during the week when I'm working; it's just the weekends that are a problem for me. Even in the winter I don't get a break because we go up there for some snowmobiling! I did 30 days AF in January and was so proud and felt so good! But I stayed home from the cottage on the weekends when they went up!

Comment

Welcome Lynnie!

HI, Lynnie, glad you found us! Keep asking your great questions, 'cause that's how we learn. Since I am relatively new to on-line communities, I have asked some doozies! One person even asked if I wanted to be taken seriously.... I guess my question was too simplistic! Anyway, no one in the Starting Out forum ever has been anything other than welcoming and supporting. You are in a great group!:welcome:

SO, here's to Day 2. I, like Ronnie, am feeling like poop, with a spring bug. I was resting earlier, and the old thought came in to my head ("Well, a glass or two would help you nap better.... it's long enough away from when hubby gets home, he probably wouldn't suspect.".... you know, that kind of thought.) And it was entirely because I had obligated myself to you all with this thread that I didn't indulge. Thank you for being my conscience, one again!

While I was resting, we had a lovely spring rain, which we need sorely. Now I am sitting on my patio listening to the birds and the creek. Lovely! And so much nicer knowing that I stuck to my guns and didn't have the drink that I would have had in the old days.

Keep up the good work, everybody. ODAT, in deed!

Comment

Working...
                              X