X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared but Hopeful

Hi Everyone,
    :new:
    I guess I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm really scared that I'm not going to be around for my teenage children if I don't get my act together. My husband and my children are everything to me. I love socializing and that always means drinking. I just want to stop at one if that is even possible. So this is where I begin. Making choices that are not destructive. I am so glad I found this forum, because I have been wanting to talk with someone for so long. I'm finally breaking out of my denial of my problem. Not exactly sure where to begin but it has been way too many years.

Scared but Hopeful

Hi Heart and welcome aboard :welcome: I am glad that you found this forum. Have you downloaded RJ's book? It is full of so much information and inspiration. You have taken the first step in overcoming denial. Stay close, keep reading, and post a lot. I do look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

:new:Heart
      Me as well. Day 1 here and have the exact same issue as you. Not quite sure what to do but figured this is a good start and posters look to be very helpful. I am hoping to learn as well...

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Thank you. I'm so glad I found this forum. I just started searching for help and there it was.

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Heart...welcome! It is scarey admitting you have a problem and reaching out for help. It is ver yscarey. But, you have made that first step. Keep reading, posting and coming here for support. Work the program, get a plan and stick to it....sobriety is obtainable. Glad you are here.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Hi Heart & Sharky,

A big welcome to both of you

Glad you found us, we're a pretty good group here.
            If you hang in there with us, you will meet your goals. I am happy & proud to say I have with the tremendous support I've received her eover the months.
            Stay close & check in often, would love to get to know you.

Peace & blessings.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Heart, welcome to the program. you are in a good place here.:welcome:

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Thanks everyone. Totally look forward to learning from everyone!

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Sharky - Are you AF now? today?

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Heart and Sharky,

:welcome:

I hope you have read the MWO book. It is very helpful, too.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Lynnie-
                      Yep. Day 2. I'm generally good during the week. Weekends = binge. That kills me. Haven't read the book yet - will get that today. Terrified of Doctors so reluctant to go that route. Appreciate any advice!

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Hi Heart and Sharky,

Welcome! I am fairly new here as well. For me, reading this site daily has been a blessing. I visit in the morning and sometimes in the late afternoon when my mind starts scheming of ways to get alcohol.
                        hope the best for you.

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

justinc-
                          Totally agree - reading this has been exceptionally helpful. Very glad i registered

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Hi Sharky,

I binge as well, usually don't drink much during the week, but the weekends kill me. I start getting the urge Thursday, and strong urges on Friday. The good news is I am starting to see the pattern more clearly now. I am convinced my brain is evil , because it can be very sneaky and subtle in the ways it convinces me to drink. Anway, just wanted to let you know you are not alone. :new:

Comment

Scared but Hopeful

Sharky and Justinc - I am just like you two. My downfall is the weekends where we spend our time at the lake at our cottage. Everyone seems to drink up there! We get together with friends, have laughs, bon fires, yummy food etc. I always feel crappy in the morning and sometimes start drinking early to feel better. In January I had to stay away for 1 month and I managed 30 days AF and I ws so proud and it felt so good! Bad news is that the cottage may very well be our retirment destination at some point!

Comment

Working...
                              X