AF Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Tuesday

This is following the thread CS04 started yesterday. If you just want to get your toes wet, you are a newbie and feel like you don't know anyone......"there are so many threads and groups, where do you go?', you simply just want today to be your AF day of the week, or, like me, you just need to keep posting as much as possible to stay sober. Just stop by and say hello!!!
    :welcome:
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

AF Tuesday

Day 2! Feeling a bit better as I got some sleep. Need to keep busy .

Comment

AF Tuesday

Hi Lukalee, Blondechick and whoever else "stops by,"

Thanks for following up, Luk. Not sure of my plan for tonight -- sure would like to have day 2, but I have a tendency to look AL in the face and go "ha ha, I did one day, so what do I have to prove today?" Stupid, huh.

I fell asleep pretty readily last night (actually went to bed with hubby -- a rare occurrence) but woke up a million times thru the night. I don't really feel that tired, though (than heaven for coffee) and anything is better than hungover.

Keep on posting!

Comment

AF Tuesday

I'm with you for the week Lukalee!

Comment

AF Tuesday

Zzzz....

I do this every day when I read my toddler a story in the rocking chair when putting him down for a nap -- I rock myself to sleep! I always have big plans for the afternoon while he naps, and now I just want to nap myself. Except most days it's sleeping off a hangover, while just barely making it through the morning, either at work or with him at home. (Right now I am working part-time in the mornings.)

I will say that last year when I seriously tried some AF time, I was totally irritable and totally exhausted all the time. I had just started taking anti-depressants. This time around does not feel so overwhelming. I really am taking it ODAT, but last year I just thought this totally sucked (not drinking), so I finally caved.

How are the rest of you doing? Lukalee, any big plans for the summer (other than THIS)?

Comment

AF Tuesday

Yea everyone. I soooooooooooo want a cigarette. BOOOO!!!
            My plans??? Well, I need to fix up the house some more, and I am considering selling it soon. I just can't handle it anymore. I kept the house after the divorce 6 1/2 years ago to give the boys a stable place to be, but I just can't do this anymore without support. Thankfully I bought it before the market when nuts, but I have been building other type of debt. If I can get what I want, I should be able to pay off my debt and still have a chunk to put down on a small place or a place that has been trashed and needs someone to love it. I am still trying to figure it all out. I have an appointment with a debt counselor next week, but I can't see too much coming out of that. She is going to look at how much comes in and how much goes out and wonder how the hell I have survived this long. LOL!

Comment

AF Tuesday

Oh, CS I had to warn my kids about what a crab ass I am going to be, and it is weird, I am sooooo tired too!!! I am going to try to finish painting the kitchen today and take a longgggggggg nap, or go to bed wayyyyyyyyy too early. The boys are with their dad so I am hoping to get some sleepy time in.

Comment

AF Tuesday

Hey Luk, good luck with the house. Our city cites us for repair violations, and of course we can't afford to get things like gutters fixed, etc. I would be afraid to meet with a debt counselor!

I did get a nap this afternoon, but just enough so that I feel refreshed and can get on to other things -- not one of those where you lay in bed for 3 hours, full of remorse for drinking too much and needing the nap in the first place, but then feeling too guilty to sleep at all! I can't tell you how many times I have done THAT?

Comment

AF Tuesday

I hear you on that!!!! I have all these good intentions, making all of these lists, and then I get up hungover (at 4:30 because I can't sleep), and then I just lay on the couch like a lump of shit. Boy, this summer so far has been a lot of fun!!! LOL!! Next summer will be much better; without drinking and smoking, at the very least, I should have some bills paid off, and if I am lucky, maybe a little trip; even if it is just to the zoo. LOL!!! I make myself f*(ing sick just thinking about how much I have spent since November!!!!! And that is such a small period of time. It sucks!

Comment

AF Tuesday

I know. We are so broke, and I KNOW how much hubby and I spend on AL, not counting what is included at the grocery store. If we both quit drinking, everything would be paid off, but that is another story.

Our zoo is free on Mondays for residents of our county. My sister lives just south of me, in a different county, but it's free for her on Wednesdays. Maybe you could look into that. We just went about a month ago and the only $ I spent was about $4 on lunch. If I had packed sandwiches, it would have been next to nothing.

Comment

AF Tuesday

Hmmm. Our zoo is not cheap, but we do have $1 movies (of course they are older , but if we haven't seen them, we don't care), and there are $1 skate days too. I pretty much try to find whatever I can for $1!

Comment

AF Tuesday

And we aren't talking about $1 drafts at the local watering hole! (uh, especially for the kids...)

Comment

AF Tuesday

Today I found free sandwiches at Chick-fil-a!

Comment

AF Tuesday

Man I need a rest. Today sucked winkies, and I still have not finished painting that damn kitchen!!! But I have not had a smoke!!!!!!!!!! nor a drink! I did have one piece of nicotine gum, which I did not want to do, but I wanted to naw off my hand. And I did have two sandwiches (for free I figured if I get fat from food, it is better than getting fat from my beer. At least sandwiches have some kind of value to them. If I don't hear from anyone, have a great night, and chat at ya tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                            X