the morning after the week before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, will do Patti! Good luck with the sups and Kudzu and keep on talking with your husband. Talk soon.
    JO
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

AMELIA wrote: Hello, Im just starting out. Been through one bad week drinking wise and decided NO MORE last night. Have all my tablets and my topomax so just need to start. Feeling pretty down and low though, have been keeping the extent of my drinking a secret from my partner and I am feeling a bit lonely. It is quite an encouragement to see so many posts and to know that there are others out there that share my dilema.

I am also feeling very alone in this endeavor. Feeling pretty down as well and just starting out. Tomorrow I hope will bring a new light
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi Not Powerless,

I'm sure tomorrow will bring new light. Have you started on the program yet or are you gearing yourself up for it? Have you managed to talk to any partners or friends and family yet? It does make things a lot easier to cope with if you share with other. I will look out for you and Im thinking of you. Joanne Amelia
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

hi guys

Hi guys,
          Please excuse me for not being able to address you all by name -I'll get better!HA!Ha! ha!-That is EXACTLY my story Amelia,my partner works away ALOT, we've moved somewhere new and I was drinking like the proverbial fish-probably on average 12-15 drinks a day,and to be honest it was easy, he drank a lot and we run with a crowd of very hard drinking friends, noone would bat an eyelid if you wanted to start dinner with 2/3 glasses of champagne,have a bottle of wine and then go on to have a 'nightcap' or three!And that was on top of what I'd had to drink during the day!And oh God! the lying and hiding I was having to do!Thank God, we have a bottle bank outside our front door, I would have to go down and unload the bottles from the day and if he'd been away -from the days,a very sobering experience(well, for about five minutes,then I'd need a drink to get over it!)I would always have a bottle of wine -each,prepared for dinner,but I was always terrified of running out, so there would a botttle hidden in the kitchen too,that I could dip into while I was cooking .I was TERRIFIED of anyone finding out the real extent of my problems,then one night, I just couldn't take it anymore, I was so sick of being ashamed,guilty,being left cringeing at my behaviour,that I told my fianc?..... and the sky didn't fall in, he didn't think that I was a disgusting person, he thought about it, immediately got rid of all the alcohol in the house, immediately stopped drinking himself,suggested taking time off work to be with me and took the problem seriously without making a drama out of it.I still slipped up and drank when he was away-HE hasn't touched a drop! which made me feel so much worse - I felt so disgusting and finally 8 days ago,something clicked and I decided this was IT,I'd had experience of AA and I knew that this wasn't ever going to be for me, so I started looking around for alternatives and here I am!I haven't actually done anything yet except download the book and read it in an afternoon, but it makes soooo much sense,waiting on the other ingredients,but have started anyway and I'm back at the gym-feeling KNACKERED, my poor body doesn't know what's hit it! But feeling so much better,my sleep patterns have evened out, as have my moods and I'm feeling ok-very much on my guard but ok,I don't think I'll take the Topirimate, just too many side-effects for me!I just know that I would be the one to get them ALL,but I think that Campral, is definitely worth a go, I'm not sure that I can drink moderately-I have been testing this theory out (regularly!) and it doesn't seem to be working!I think that I would have to off the booze for at least a year before I can make a decision like that, so I hope very soon to be posting on "Adventures with Campral!" I have to say, being able to drink moderately at the moment seems a bit like an impossible dream, but then again so did staying 18 days sober and I managed that! and now 8!who knows what I can do with the right support! "To Sobriety and Beyooooond!"Oh dear, you can see that I don't need to drink, to be incredibly silly, one thing that I have found very useful is taking 5-HTP, has alleviated my cravings and very much lifted my mood and stopped my anxiety-what I call "the horrors"so I'll carry on with that - now, I will shut up!Thanks for all your posts and love and luck to you all !

Comment

Hi, I'm another who has lurked around these boards for some time now, since March. Had great success in the beginning, 5.5 weeks abstinent. Then gradually went back to old ways. I have not taken the topamax so maybe thats the problem. However, I also stopped taking the supplements!! As someone said, you get so annoyed and mad with yourself. However, I have to be honest with myself and admit that I was not committed enough. The one thing I have been doing has been to log in every so often and read. I am envious of all the old timers who have managed to stay abstinent and also those of you who have managed moderation. The kids started back at school today so its new beginnings all around. I am going to try moderation with at least two alcohol free days a week and see how that goes. The board has changed since I joined and I see there is a new tool or tracker so I am going to use that and maybe join a moderation event. I did join the abstinent event in May/June but then when I slipped I stopped logging on. Good luck everyone. Rustop

Comment

Mel

Hi everyone,

It feels good to know there is someplace to go to hear that I am not alone too. I am single and drink at home alone, mainly out of loneliness too. Right now I feel very scared and panicky because I drank over a bottle of wine last night and decided to go buy more. As I was leaving my house I crashed into my garage door and when I got back parked by the curb instead of in my driveway. I also locked my dog out of the house accidentally!! I woke up early this morning in a haze and when I looked outside I saw what I had done. Thank goodness my dog was there by the door and I hastily moved my car into the driveway and managed to get the garage door shut. Not sure if anyone noticed but boy do I feel bad. I mean BAD. Can anyone relate? Drunk behavior is stupid behavior. I do not have a boyfriend right now and wish I did. You all are sooo lucky to have someone who is supporting you. I am scared to tell any of my friends about what I have been doing which is drink every other day. I am just now sobering up and it is 1pm in the afternoon. Nausea is kicking in. I am glad to hear you all are doing well. I hope to do the same! Thanks for listening. Today wil be day 1 for me.. again.

Comment

Bless your heart! Yes, I can relate! You are so right when you say "drunk behavior is stupid behavior."

Please register and join us. I'm trying my best to go into abstinence but not doing that great of a job. There is still hope though.
                Kathy
                "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Comment

Working...
                X