Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought I would be different as a sober person...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I had some AF time last summer, I really struggled with "Who am I if I am not a drinker?" I found it to be very confusing. But I was in a really bad place last summer. Depressed and crying and tired and bitchy, AF or not. I think I could do better now. I also think I didn't have enough AF time under my belt to really "try it out."

Comment

yay, u just answered a question i posted. =)

Comment

Great post, Cat. It's amazing how far away we can get from our own selves, isn't it? And how very fine and refreshing it is to realize that we have always been right here, after all. There was a time when I would think that I used to kind of like myself, and wonder where that self had gone to.... and yet, here she is, just waiting for me to turn around and take advantage of all the blessings this ol' world has to offer.

Good luck to you. Thanks for the insight. Lovely!

Comment

Aw mica ... I loved, "... and yet, here she is, just waiting for me to turn around and take advantage of all the blessings this ol' world has to offer."

Wonderfully said ..... We were there, waiting, all along ...
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Cat,

Last night my hubby said something to me that made me feel so good. It follows with what you said in a way.

We were arguing, actually more a little spat, and I was able to shoot right back at him.

He got a little grin on his face and said, "Cindi's back to normal!!"

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I was suprised too that I was me, but better. It was like keeping the good stuff and getting rid of the bad.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
              X