26 hours sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 hours sober

hey gear, i hear your pain as well. i am drinking about as much as you daily, maybe more, with weekends just killing me. and what i cant stand either is what ive said to people or if they if theyve noticed. ( not to mention car crash, dwi, a ton else)i just ordered baclofen..take a look at the meds they have out, read the forums. theres a lot of success with them. ive come to the conclusion i cannot try to moderate without a medication-just ordered baclofen, and if that doesnt work or any of the meds for me, id relly have to not drink. its almost impossible for a true alcoholic to control oneself and moderate drinking. its not our fault, its completely a genetic mixed with the lifestyle that you got there. and it progressed. its to bad non alcoholic arent aware of these things. some are, but alot arent and think its a weak willed thing. wish u luck.

Comment

26 hours sober

Crap even caved last night. Not drunk, but downed a 6 pack in a couple hours. Was making mexican food alone and so craved having the mexican beer with it, got the best of me at the store when shopping for the other stuff. ODAT, lets try this again. Bets, Fridays are definitely a nemesis for me, especially the weekends when the x has kids. I got to about 3pm Friday.. got off work early and started to do home improvements. Would have gotten SO MUCH more done if I had not drank. I definitely don't want my kids to see me drinking, so that helps when they are here. Being alone is a trigger too, makes me feel like I'm only harming myself so less guilt. I won the house in the divorce, it seems so big and hollow when my kids are gone. I really hate being alone, don't want to talk to my new girlfriend about this terrible problem either. I picked up some melatonin and chamomille, will try to get some work done tonight and get to sleep naturally. That and I blocked off a bunch of the windows to make my bedroom more conducive to sleep. (my neighbors are paranoid and have so many lights in the front yard its like I'm getting cooked sometimes) Alone again, but no AL in the house.

Comment

26 hours sober

Wow sober 2 days! Why does that feel like an accomplishment?? Sad. Anyway, the melatonin really did help me sleep!!! First real sleep in months! I worked out today and feel like a million bucks!

Comment

26 hours sober

It feels like an accomplishment because it is. You resisted cravings. Keep working out.

Bets
          xx
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

26 hours sober

It's been 3 days 1 hour.. wanted to grab a beer so bad today but did not. Going to bed!

Comment

26 hours sober

Excellent Gear!!
              Do you have any Lglutamine? It REALLY helps with the cravings.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

26 hours sober

Gear - good job and glad you are getting good sleep. It makes such a difference.
                Tulipe
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
                X