slipped up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slipped up

Nearly made two weeks but slipped on the way,sorry,and thanks to all who gave their support i will try again but god i feel like such a waster.Hope you all are ok Daireban
    try never stop trying and when your beaten remember your friends they may not have faces they may not have voices but they are there and they care so get up and try again ,,,never stop:goodjob:

slipped up

Daireban focus on the good part. If this process was easy, we would not be here and this web site would not exist.

Bad slip! Now get up, dust off, and review the reasons and tools. Think about what triggered the slip, and what you will do next time to take a different action. I think many of us, myself included, was the poster child for slips for a long time. But it truly does get easier over time, and you truly can modify your behavior bit by bit. Keep up the good work. You'll win!

Comment

slipped up

Daireban, give yourself some credit for the 2 weeks. get some R&R and get right back on the horse.

Comment

slipped up

Well done on those two weeks. Wonderful! Don't dwell on your slip-up (most of us have had more than a few) .. but instead use it as a learning tool ... and have plans in place for next time the cravings or drinking thoughts show up.

For me, what's working right now (and I'm sure I'll have to modify it from time to time to change things up), is hot chamomile tea (I like Tazo Calm tea, it's really relaxing ... regular Chamomile is too apple'y for me) ... with a squirt of lemon (from a real lemon). It lasts awhile, and I find that my throat craves the flavour - I think it's the lemon .. and by the time I'm done, I have usually conquered the alcohol craving or naughty thought.

That's just my example ... Bet you can think up some stuff that will work for you .. Write it down somewhere, so you have it "ready" ... because sometimes it's hard to think straight when you're fighting off AL's persistent badgering.

Hope you're having a nice weekend!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

slipped up

means alot

thanks guys that meas a lot to me feeling low nice to hear something poitive in my head take care speak soon daireban
          try never stop trying and when your beaten remember your friends they may not have faces they may not have voices but they are there and they care so get up and try again ,,,never stop:goodjob:

Comment

slipped up

daireban,

Glad you came right back to us, that's important
            Hang in there, you can do this, one day at a time, right?

All the best.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

slipped up

think you say it the best ..

try never stop trying and when your beaten remember your friends they may not have faces they may not have voices but they are there and they care so get up and try again ,,,never stop
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

slipped up

Hang in there Daireban.

Nearly making two weeks is a huge achievement and you need to be proud of that and also proud that you came straight back in here ready to try again!
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

slipped up

Hi Daireban,
                  I hope you feel better about your 2 weeks and about getting back with AF than about the slip. No one is perfect and the most important thing is to have a positive trend.
                  Tulipe
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

slipped up

Daireban,

I screw up all the time too! Just dont give up, because thats when its over. Keep trying! Im going to!
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

slipped up

The important thing is you came right back. Recovery is a process, not an event. Every sober day matters. Never give up!!!!
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

slipped up

Hi Daireban,
                        No need to apologise.
                        Just get back on track with a smile on your face and renewed vigour to beat thiis thing.
                        Good luck

Comment

slipped up

Nearly 2 weeks is GREAT! Just think if you hadn't been trying your best, you'd have been drinking all those other days!!!
                          Keep trying. You're doing GREAT! Try get 2 weeks this time! AND YOU ARE NOT A WASTER, you're doing so GREAT! We all slip up, we're human. It's ok as long as you don't stop trying!

Comment

slipped up

I did the same thing. I made it almost two weeks and the next couple times I drank it was not too excessive. I started to think I had a handle on it! Ha. 2 more weeks have passed and 2 wasted weekends. Moderation was left by the wayside. We need to try and focus on the accomplishments we made before and do better this time. Day 1 AF

_liath
                            Liath

Comment

slipped up

Daireban...
                              Get your hinny back in the saddle! Don't apologize...who'd you hurt? No one but yourself.....so, you work on you!!! You never fail unless you stop trying. You keep coming here. We will continue to support you. Do you think any of us came here and BOOM we were healed...NO, it is a work in progress. You have determination..we have talked several times. You are gonna do this. I know you will. Don't give up on yourself. Just keep trying. FOR ME, sobriety is kinda like a baby learning to walk...you stumble a bit before you learn to run.
                              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X