Its been a wild few months, but I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back in Feb, I decided to give moderating a try to see if it worked for me, (I was hoping it would fail so I had NO excuse but to be completely AF), well I was right, it did fail, & I was looking forward to being completely AF, then lots of stuff (I wont bore you with the details) happened in my life, both personally & professionally, & i failed being AF, however, I'm am back, committed to being completey AF, I dont know if I will sucseed, my experiment showed me that, but I am going to fight every day to be AF!!!
    Today is the winter solstice here in New Zealand, a turning point in the seasons, one I have marked to be a turning point in my life!!!
    Blessed be!!!
    Witchy
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Hi Witchy,
    Finding the balance of tools and attitudes is key I find, in maintaining your ability to beat this.
    I tried for a couple of years until I found the one that works for me.
    You sound positive and ready to commit yourself to a better life.
    Good luck

Comment

thanks Popeye, I think for me, (somewhat of a perfectionist) the hardest part was admiting I had failed, I am trying to learn to give myself a break, that I dont have to be perfect at everything, i just have to keep trying, not to give up, which is were I am at the moment. so thank you for your words. theyhelp reinforce were I am at the moment.

Witchy
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Witchy, Its great news that you made it back safe and sound. If you are going AF i hat to sound so cliche but take it one day at a time.

Comment

Hiya Witchy,
          AF life is wilder than any drink or drug!....Do it. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Welcome back Witchy! I too had to try that moderation thing just to see..... results were predictably bad too LOL! I think many of us just have to find out for sure. At least now we know, right? Look forward - there is a wonderful life of freedom ahead. I like Popeye's post about finding the combination of tools and support that works for you.

Strength!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Moderating doesn't work for me either i always end up drinking more so trying 2 go af is the only way for me but it ain't an easy road.

Comment

I have tried to moderate but it did'nt work out so guess AF is the only way , it will be hard but i gotta do it , the alternative is not pleasent

Comment

Welcome back WW. I tried moderation too. Total failure. Let us know how we can be of help to you.:l
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Welcome back Witchy,

I haven't even tried to moderate because I know it won't work for me!
                    Being AF these past 3 months has been wonderful, gets better every day

Go for it, you won't be sorry!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X