Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, when I post..I don't drink..coincidance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought everything was going well. I'd been AF for four days. Went to see a counselor on Friday. Bawled my eyes out; was emotionally exhausted the rest of the day. Suggested my hubby pick up a "bottle of wine...for dinner". Of course he did; of course we finished it, and when he left to visit some friends...surprise...I continued to drink...switched to vodka, which I don't even like...just had to keep drinking... Then Saturday, big surprise...ordered wine w/ dinner at a restaurant, and did not stop drinking until I passed out. Another night of disappointment w/ my kids. Another example that I cannot moderate.
    But, I'm not as upset w/ myself as I could be. I know I screwed up, but I know that I'm doing better in June than I was in May. Is that denial or can I take some pride in only getting drunk twice in a week? Sounds sick...

Crybaby - as long as there is progress you are on the right path. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off. You said it yourself, you learned a lesson - you can't moderate.

So now you have hit your crossroads where only you can decide what the next step is. You did 4 days - why not make a small goal to try to hit 7? Baby steps.......

You can do this.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Hang in there, crybaby.

You've got support here - we know the pain. We're in this together. I have never had the kind of support I'm getting here. I know MWO is going to make my journey easier and help to motivate me. I also felt cr*p this morning, but I'm not giving up without a fight! And this coming from someone who hasn't been AF for a single day in over 15 years!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Crybaby,

I have gone through that same cycle more times than I can say.

However, my lapses have gotten farther and farther apart and shorter in duration.

Like you, moderation is not an option for me. It is that simple. Once I open this trap and pour in some alcohol, that is the end. I drink all the alcohol available. Even stuff I hate.

If you try to look too far down the road, you will choke. None of us want to say, at least in the beginning of this journey, I will not ever have alcohol again. It is just too darned daunting.

Take is one day at a time, or a week, and Uni's suggestion of making a doable goal and do it in baby steps.

Hang in there and don't give up.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Crybaby,

It does not sound sick, that is the way our addicted brains work. In our heads, two drunk wasted days is not as bad as 5 drunk days, but still it is not the progress we are hoping for.

And as everyone says, that alcoholism is a progressive disease, so soon those two days drunk in a week, will quickly jump back up to 5 drunk days in a week.

On this past Saturday, I had 3 days sober as well. I thought I could "moderate" too. Ended up with two bottles of wine in me and some of a 6 pack of beer. So much for moderation.

It is about progress, just keep trying and learning. You will get there if you really want it.
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

hey you, i dont know, compared to myself and many other members on the board that doesnt sound bad to me at all!

Comment

Woo hoooooo, Overit! 3 days AF is Fantastic!

You said the key words: "You will get there if you really want it."

Or, I think I read someplace, "If you want to Not drink MORE than you want to drink... you will not drink!" I think that's true of any addiction. No matter the withdrawals, etc. (Although it's possible people may have died due to withdrawals, I think Many more have died continuing their addiction!)

Moderation is not an option for me. My personal belief is that if you can consistently moderate, you don't have a problem!!
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
              X