Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I start over again.. anyone want to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seila,

My killers are boredom and loneliness. They're often related.
    Long Road
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more, Long Road.
      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hi, not sure how to do this, first time joining, really need some support, last night again had way to much, cant seem to stop, thought by chatting may help?

Comment

I think you belong here lobster.
          Can't seem to stop...
          Way too much...
          We all know that here
          Perhaps we can help?
          Long Road
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Well here I go again, happy Monday. This darn roller coaster. I have been trying but keep failing. Around 4:00pm I cave in and drink. I am starting all over today to be A/F.

Comment

hello all, back again ... today is Day One AGAIN!!! Hey Long Road, I believe I remember you ...
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I cant wait to put some time in between myself and my last bender so I can start to like myself again. I dont want to have something to hide. It sucks. AL is nothing but trouble.

Ditto Kimberley

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Boredom & loneliness

Seems some of us have that problem and others have an overly active social life. I haven't been to a bar in years. Just a bored isolated housewife living in the middle of nowhere, no family or close friends nearby so I found a pal in the bottle. But we're all in the same boat huh gang? I think someday I'd like to try being a "normal" drinker, maybe with the Sinclair method. Don't know how hubby would like that idea Kim. lol But for now keep on keepin on, one foot in front of the other. As long as it doesn't lead to the liquor store!

It's the chance of a lifetime, in a lifetime of chance - and it's hightime to join in the dance....
                  "Run for the Roses"

Comment

Hi all,
                    It seems I'm not alone in my misery here...
                    I am trying hard to give AL the boot, (have been for a while now...)
                    just very hard quitting when my BF drinks every night (though he is good at moderation, unlike me...)
                    I would enjoy the support from you all!!!
                    Red Red Wine...My Love/Hate Relationship...

Comment

Hi All: Count me in. I'm on day 2.
                      September 23, 2011

Comment

Stopthecycle,

I know what that feels like! Take it one day at a time, and don't beat yourself up!

Comment

OK, I really screwed up the last 2 days. Just goes to show I still cant drink like a normal person. I am home from work and suffering big time. This has to be the last time! I cant live this way.
                          Liath

Comment

Hang in there Liath, my friend. I've just come through a bad day, but tomorrow isn't too far away. Write "Dr Liath pending" on your bathroom mirror!

Comment

OK. It sucks that I had to stay home and make excuses. I just want to be free of this. Best if I don't attempt to moderate so much as JUST NOT DRINK. Ugh. It all starts to snowball whenever I slip up and have 'one too many'. I start behaving like an addict. Wow, its really a drag. Thank god for the 'starting over' thread. I need it today, day 1.
                              Liath

Comment

Liath, are you familair with Jean Kirkpatrick's work? You remind me so much of her - she was also struggelling with AL during her PhD. Her best book is called "Goodbye Hangovers, Hello Life"
                                She quit drinking, finished her PhD and started Women in Sobriety movement. Perhaps a good role model for you? Just a suggestion.
                                "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
                                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X