Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I start over again.. anyone want to join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liath, I'll join your new thread. Thanks for sharing it with us :h
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Yay Liath - after reading some advice from Heavenly (over 2 years sober), I have decided I need to take it 30 days at a time at the moment.

My first lapse when I was trying to go AF has shaken my confidence in ever doing it forever (even though I still want to do that). I need a smaller goal to start, so I am right with you.
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Kim, I really do think thats a good idea. Forever seems too long. I can't even comprehend 'never' drinking again. But if I can't go thirty days then I most definitely need to give it up for good. I think its best that we simply focus on NOW and the month of August. Hmmm.. I asked you about if you thought we should let this thread go in the 30 day thread.. but now I find I am a bit nostalgic about it.. what to do?
        Liath

Comment

hello i am new

:new: He llo just thought i would start reading this forum. I binge drink sometimes up to 5 days start of with a nice glass of wine and get through about 7 bottles of vodka. My husband works away in Afganistan and and is back on leave i think i was worried about not being able to drink when he was here so once i start i cant stop. The house is like a pig sty. I have a nice house and lovery family and i keep throwing it away. I just get a thought in my head that i will have a little drink. Wish i could really stop for good. Always forget where it can take me. Reading some of the posts makes me feel like i am not on my own. Had my last drink yesterday i had bottles stashed all over the house. But he managed to find them. Never slept at all last night cause i just sleep for days when i am drinking .Waking up and drinking again till i pass out. Being sick with the first morning drink.

Nearly day sober:upset:
          They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

Comment

Andaz--

Oh, you posted here already! Great chatting. Please stick around and we will talk more. You will get through it! This is a great place to start. More tomorrow...
            Liath

Comment

poor Andaz - I know the feeling. Just cleared up my house after a binge and it feels so much nicer. Well done on your day sober- wanna join us on the 30-day commitent thread? We will all support you to try 30 days AF if that's what you want to do.
              Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I need to be AF and just think it can not happen again. I will try and do the AA way and just try not to drink for today.
                They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy warhole

last drink 3rd August 2009

Comment

Working...
                X