First Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time

Hi everyone this is my first time here and don't know where to start.
    I want to thank everyone for all post. I have been raeding and they have helped we these last few days.I need help to stop drinking. I don;t like myself when I drink.
    I feel awful in the moring guilty self hate etc.
    I have never told anyone about my problem. This is really hard.
    Just wanted to say Hi for now will talk more later.
    everyone have a good day::new::

First Time

Welcome Bear!!
    Have you read the book "My Way Out"? I found it a great place to begin my journey -- It's an inspiring read and will help you get a game plan together.
    Congrats on your first post.
    Keep reading and posting.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

First Time

Bear,

:welcome:

The anonymity of MWO sure helped a lot of us get started on our journey.

We can share things here we have a hard time sharing anywhere else.

Glad you are here.
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

First Time

Welcome Bear-

I am also pretty new and I started by reading the book. I got all the supps and made it 12 days then had to start over again. I dont like myself when I drink either. There isn't much to like about a wasted person. Its screwing up my life in a lot of ways. I think everyone here feels that way or we wouldn't need to quit in the first place. So, you can get a ton of support and advice here.

Liath
        Liath

Comment

First Time

Hi Bear .. welcome .. You've found a great site .. It's one of a kind, I am sure. Feel free to post as much as you want .. tell your story, ask questions, or whatever you like. We're all in the same boat here. Like you, I didn't share the extent of my "problem" with anyone. I wouldn't have made the progress I have made without MWO .. I'm sure of that.

Looking forward to hearing lots from you as you find your way "out" ..
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

First Time

Welcome BEAR! This site was really useful for me the first time I tried to have an alcohol-free life. I don't go to AA or groups or anything, so I think I need this for support. Here's to the second time (clinks a glass of ginger ale) and not falling off ever again :-)
            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

First Time

Welcome Bear, we are here for you. The best things you can do is listen to advice, post what you are feeling and read, read, read. I love going into chat when i feel good and when i feel crappy. I always get something out of it. Good luck

Comment

First Time

Hi Bear

i am new to this too but so far it is great - i don't feel so alone! take care and post more when you are ready.

Comment

First Time

Hi Bear,

Welcome, glad you found us! There's lots of support & encouragement to be found here.
                  After you've read the MWO book you really need to make a plan for yourself , something suited to fit your individual needs. We're all a little bit different.

Stay close and we'll get thru this together

All the best.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

First Time

Welcome Bear. Glad you found the site.

Winefree

Comment

First Time

The first step is to tell someone.

When I have been drunk in the past I am usually happy. The last 2 times and 1 two weeks prior I was in a crying wreck. And in any case I was always wanting to be someone on tv sober.

By being sober and quitting drinking, I won't have to worry about crying fits (one was because I didn't get to see my mom leave to go to work.) and I wouldn't have to wish I was sober because I am sober.

Taking it a day at a time.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

First Time

Welcome and read read read! We are here for questions, support, whatever!

You can do this!!!

Comment

First Time

Welcome Bear this is a very supportive site. I've been slipping a lot lately but i keep trying. Best of luck.

Comment

First Time

Big Welcome Bear..
                            Know the feeling dont like yourself when drinking...(that comes with part of the parcel when drinking)
                            Morning times are my worst times makes me feel so low have to go back to bed when everyone is out the house....BUT when im sober morning times are my Best time of the day love the feeling, jumping out of bed.
                            you wil get lots of support here the people here are wonderfully...
                            Good Luck and dont stop reading and posting.
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

First Time

:welcome: bear to the mwo club,this place should help you with the grizzly path

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X