Grim popping in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim popping in...

....just to say hello to all my fellow MWO'ers!
    Man, what a mad 2 days Monday and today have been! Hectic pressure at the office right now with major implementations happening. Luckily the head is clear, or should I say a darn side more clear than it normally would be, definitely for a Monday.
    You know what people, I can really get used to this AF life (not to get over confident of course)!
    If I may pose a question please: does anyone out there suffer from chronic insomnia? I have really been battling over the past 2 years or so and know there must be a solution beyond tablets, any suggestions?
    Thanks and regards to all, Grim.
    'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Grim popping in...

Hi Grim, and well done on the clear head -- definetly makes the day more enjoyable doesn't it!

As for insomnia, I personnally haven't ever suffered from it although my father has for donkeys years. When I drank heavily I would pass out cold until 3am and then wake up with that horrible feeling in my tummy and slowly the nights events would come back to me and then I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep again.
    Getting a good night sleep is so healing and even just 2 glasses of wine throws me off kilter.

Have you tried supplements?
    I am taking L-Theanine, 5-HTP and magnesium for anxiety but it also works brilliantly for a good night sleep.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Grim popping in...

Hello Grim,
      I to like to say well done on the clear head keep it up...
      The only time i had trouble in sleeping when i use to work on shift work could never get my sleeping pattern right, nor the eating come to think of it.
      I dont have trouble in sleeping when drinking AL just knocks me out like lightning..or can make me hyper and that when i cant sleep..
      You know how about a nice hot:bath2: before bedtime !
      Hope u have a good night sleep 2night and well done on the 2days AF.
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Grim popping in...

hi Grim.
        I have the opposite problem i.e I find it hard to stay awake :-)
        I have heard that melotinin is good for sleep though.
        Great going on 2 days, thats fantastic!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Grim popping in...

DeeBee, Catch, S.O.
          Thanks but I am actually on 8 days AF as of tomorrow morning. I was just saying in my opening post about it being a mad opening to the week. I proudly haven't touched a drop since Tuesday last week.
          When I was having my regular weekend binges sleep was not a problem, one's brain obviously gets to the shut down stage after too much red wine. It was never a satisfying sleep although it might have been long.
          My question is related to suffering from insomnia when I am not drinking. DeeBee, thanks, I will have a look at your suggestions and also under the Supps thread, have just had a really nice long soak in a hot bath so lets hope for some "sweet slumber" tonight. I have a really interesting book that I started reading last night (I am a self confessed book-aholic as well) so will hopefully just drift off in a bit.......after some quality MWO time off course!
          Regards Grim.
          'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Grim popping in...

Even better then Grim, very well done!
            It gets better too as the body brain begin to heal.
            Have you tried meditation at all?

Comment

Grim popping in...

S.O. thank you! I am very grateful to have found MWO!
              What a great bunch of peopleyou all are!
              Are you refering to meditation during the day or just before going to bed? Are there some guidelines on this forum that I could start looking at?
              To be honest, right now, lack of sleep is causing me FAR greater discomfort than lack of Al, which thankfully has been next to nothing. I am willing to try anything.....including going to see a head doctor tomorrow. Yikes! Not sure why but I am as nervous as all hell! I will also have a look at your earlier suggestion of melotinin, is it available OTC? Thanks and best regards to all, Grim.

Comment

Grim popping in...

I think you can meditate any time, for just a few mins or for longer if you have time.
                Popeye posted this link yesterday and I found it very helpful
                Learning Meditation Home Page
                I think you can get melatonin in the US, Im in UK, but if you want I will let you know of a US website I use for my supps.
                You will find that the more AF time you have, the more your anxiety eases. I was a wreck for about 4 weeks and then things started to fall nicely into place.
                You will sort this, your attitude seems spot on!

Comment

Working...
                X