The Weedkend Thread for Binge Drinkers, 25th - 28th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronnie - Sorry that one of your favorite performers is gone - sort of ironic, huh?

Comment

Hi All
      I cant believe that I posted that song and now he has died, my god I find it all a bit weird!
      But anyway, lets get this party rocking
      Im not doing much tonight, I had a bad nights sleep so I think I will just get dinner out of the way and then relax watching telly
      I hope you all have a great Friday and remember be good!!!!
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Hello again.

It.s 7pm and I just got home from work so by the time I make dinner, watch Better Homes and Gardens and clean up it will be nearly bed time. That's my Friday night problem taken care of!

Ronnie - will you be freezing your toes off at soccer this weekend?

Liath - welcome to our party! You won't be giving anything up at all. Just gaining a clear head, lots of energy (so you can dance like Ronnie's little friends) and waking up feeling fantastic.

Welcome back to all the old timers too.
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hello fellow W/enders great to see so many of you here this w/end.
          Lemon those songs should get us up dancing.
          Here is a little Irish ditty it is called 'Trouble with a capital T'. I hope nobody gets in trouble over the next few days:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sE7K7hCPLg[/video]]YouTube - Horslips ar TG4
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hello Weekenders,

Well my weekend hasn't officially begun as yet (only a little after 4 pm here) but will be home in about 2 hours time.

Hey Liath, Lemonhead welcome to the party!

Ronnie, your chilled evening sounds like a good plan! May just follow suit. The wind is howling here and the chill coming off the sea is nasty. Good time to stay in doors!

See you all later

Grim
            'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Happy Hangover-free Saturday folks!

It's amazing how fantastic a simple piece of toast tastes when you're eating it because you're really hungry, instead of trying to stuff it down to ward off the shakes, headache and nausea.

I'm really working on the gratitude not deprivation theme this weekend (as you can probably see).

:imglad:

Is anyone else particularly enjoying something this weekend that you wouldn't have if you were drinking that you feel like sharing to help with the motivation?

Have a good one!

L GHE
              xxx

Comment

Hi guys thats friday night done and dusted.
                Glass when I got my head around the fact that I was not depriving myself by being AF and I was in fact rewarding myself by not drinking, a lot of things fell into place.

Re your question I have a story. On Wed night last I went out to the horse races, this was certain to turn into a drinking session as there were 8 of us letting our hair down. I decided to drive and it was fine being AF. After racing I dropped 4 of the gang back to anothers house gone midnight and was told after the party continued into the wee small hours. Normally a team of wild horses wouldnt have dragged me away when drinking.
                Fast forward to the next morning, 8am and I am on the beach near me with my 2 dogs. I can see for nearly a mile in both directions and not there are not another set of footprints on the sand. It is a beautiful day and the sun has risen over the sea. I was feeling great, the sea air filling my lungs and as I stood looking out to sea not more than 20 feet in front of me a seal popped his head out and we stood there looking at each other. It was one of those moments.
                My point is that had I have been drinking I would have been in bed till midday feelin awful and prob had a drink fairly soon after rising.
                Small pleasures but for me its a different world when AF.
                Sorry for the long winded post if anyone is still reading.

Comment

Hi Everyone
                  Wow what a lovely post KTAB, that really got me thinking that being A/F is the best way to go, I just wished that I could of been there with you to share your wonderful moment!

Glass - I should be going to a party tonight, but no kids are aloud so I have said to my hubby that you go and I will stay home and have another movie night with the kids, normally I would be shoving him out the way to get to the party first. And now I will have the joy of seeing him hungover in the morning instead of me!!! I just wished that I could start knocking walls down early in the morning so that his head would be hurting:H

Hi grim, Laith , Lemonhead and anyone else that I have missed, I hope you all had a wonderful Friday night and are looking forward to a happy and A/F Saturday

What is everyone up to today, I have the grand job of cleaning my house, I am quite looking forward to it as I have been feeling down for the past week and I know it sounds weird but I think this will give me the kick up the back side that I need to get me motivated again as I always love a clean and tidy house (a bit hard with 3 boys) but I will give it a go

We are all in this togeter, if you feel like you are falling, then lean on one of us to support you.
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

Wow KTAB- I have a vivid image of your story in my mind! Very inspiring.

I think I am behind you people since its Friday night and I haven't went to bed yet! My story for my hangover free Saturday is to submit my modified paper for final consideration for publication to a top tier scientific journal! I have been working on it for a long time (Master's thesis) and I think this draft is the one. Better to have a clear head for this sort of thing. Had I gone out tonight, I would have blown it off for another day.. or 3.

I wish you all the best! Lets binge on new opportunities and motivation.

Liath
                    Liath

Comment

Well done Liath! That sounds like it definitely needs a clear head.

KTAB - that story is a great demonstration of the things that drinking too much can rob us of. How awful to think you might have been waking up feeling terrible at lunchtime instead of experiencing such a special moment.

Ronnie - enjoy your night in with the kids. Sounds like much more fun in this weather than going out in the cold anyway.

Have a good night all.

Comment

Well a rather belated hello from me. Went out last night and only got in very late and by that time my internal battery was pretty low so just did a bit of editing as I couldn't get onto the web some %&?@# technical error. Major bummer for me as I wanted to see how everyone is doing!
                        Well it is now just before 10 on a cold and windy Saturday morning, the sea is more white than blue. I have quite a bit of editing to do but that will have to wait as there one of our major bookstores in SA are holding their annual cool sale so 3 guesses where I am off to!
                        I will check in a little later to see how everyone (who is still awake, of course) is doing!
                        Regards to all, Grim.
                        'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Hi, ALL!

I am joining the party late, as I had some wine last night (Friday), but am looking forward to being AF for the next several days.

I loved the image of the beach, no footsteps, two dogs..... my idea of heaven! A couple years ago I experienced a personal first, for this land-bound girl from the mountains... I had a simply lovely walk on the beach during a rain storm. I had never been on the beach during a rain, and it was lovely, solitary, and beautiful.

Ronnie, I see your new tag line about being AF since June 23. Good for you! You go, girl! I am very proud of you and the work you are doing.

I won't be back on-line until next week, as I'm going out of town. But, I'll be thinking about you all, and enjoying the party at a distance. Have fun!

Comment

Hi Mica lovely to hear from you again. Make sure you keep in touch when you get back.

Well guys it is sunday morning here and I hope you are all well and enjoying your w/end AF.

Here is an oldy but a goody for a sunday mellow out
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ppoX4bVTQ[/video]]YouTube - Elton John - Tiny Dancer (live 1971)

Comment

Hey KTAB, thanks again for the seal story, we don't get then along the east coast of SA, at least not this far north, it seems that they prefer the colder water?
                              I have been out and about this weekend which has been great, even went to a fully licensed pizza place on Friday. This brought about another first time for me, decaf coffee and pizza, worked a treat for me!
                              I too hope everyone is doing well and enjoying a blissfully AF weekend!
                              Regards to all, Grim.

Comment

Working...
                              X