ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Morning all. Another gorjus day here - need to get off the laptop asap and get out there with my dawgs and feed some pigs, chickens etc!

Today is a designated AF day in this house. Good. Yesterday was too but 2 glasses of red got past the goal posts. However, not stressing over that. It chimed with how I felt and I just knew I would not go OTT. I enjoyed them sat on the sofa with my lovely dogs, read a book on Permaculture (interesting) and went off to bed, slept like a log and up at 5am.

Have a good day everyone. We're works in progress.

Bessie xx

PS Uni - hope you get to the bottom of your tiredness. xx

ODAT - Thursday

Hi Bessie,
    Hang in there. I had a slip on Tuesday too. Didn't enjoy it though.
    Have a great day,
    Tulipe
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi guys,

Day 14 for me - I did it! Made my 2 week goal! So now I'm aiming for 21 days (why the heck not eh? I haven't done 21 days in a row since I've been pregnant so I'm excited to make that goal).

Go to the doctor today - going to request some bloodwork - I'm on holidays next week so hopefully I will be able to rest my body a little bit (even though I am going to be at the cottage with my daughter so its hard as I have to entertain her.).

I will keep you guys posted! Hope everyone has a great day.

Love and hugs,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hello ODATers,

Bessie, it is sooo good to see you back here. We missed you a lot.

Tulipe, I had a slip on Monday. After years on this site, I still slip. sigh. But, I am not looking back, only forwards. My slip didn't feel good, either.

Uni, Wow. 21 days. You will make it. I'll bet the tiredness will eventually clear up. I have read others that said it took significant time to get "back to normal," whatever that is. Hopefully the bloodwork shows nothing serious amiss and you just need to get some vits or minerals back into your system. Alcohol leaches many of the important vitamins and minerals out.

Everyone else, have a wonderful day and I hope we all reach our goal today, ODAT!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi guys,

Just came back from my doctors - she is putting me on an open ended medical leave as I just don't have the energy to do anything that I am supposed to do. I know this isn't going to go over well at work since I am currently the # 1 sales rep in the country but what can I do. I don't have the energy to do anything and they are concerned becasue I am losing weight and should not be driving (which is a huge part of my job as an outside sales rep).

I feel guilty as hell - don't like this feeling at all. On the same token I don't like feeling like absolute crap either so we'll see.

I'll touch base in a bit.
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Morning ODATers!

Uni, sorry to hear about your time off, but hope it serves you well. Wow, #1 in the country, that is some accomplishment! :goodjob: What do the doctors say is going on exactly? (Sorry if you have already spoken about this and I missed it....) Congrats on the 2 weeks, that is WONDERFUL!!!

Bessie, feeding the piggies...so cute! And so removed from my world, I love hearing about it!

Tulipe...remember Progress Not Perfection is the name of the game!! (and at least it wasn't enjoyable, that always helps avoidance the next time)

Cindi, you have been doing great, glad to see the slip isn't dampening your resolve!!

Hope everyone has a swell day!!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi Scrubbly,

They think it is probably stress manifesting itself in my body (I've been on antidepressants so my mind isn't recognizing the stress signes, they think my body is reacting instead). They have requisitioned some blood work to rule out anything else but they are probably right. Whatever, as long as I can get some rest I don't care!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Uni the most important person in the world is you (and your daughter to you) She needs you, you need you. No job, however good at it you are, is worth losing your health over.
                I am sure they will cope - they would have to if you dropped dead through overwork and stress wouldn't they??!!

Wishing you a speedy and FULL recovery. Staying off al has got to be a big help.

Big hugs. xxxx

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi ODATers,
                  Uni, so sorry to hear about the dr. visit....but you probably just need some rest! Physical and mental. And time to enjoy your daughter. I have learned that sometimes our bodies and minds just need to STOP. No matter what else is going on at work or otherwise. Call or PM if you need to.

Just a quick check in -- have been trying to get yard work and cherries picked all day while baby is now napping and before rains come later.

Day 3 for me...not sure about tonight, but Cindi, the iced tea's a'brewin'!

More later guys.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

CS,

Good on you with the iced tea. I've already drank 3 glasses since this morning.

Better than the alternative!!

Why don't you just try for a day 4, CS? I'll stick with you. :l

You will feel amazing if you do.

Love,
                    Cindi

ps Uni, wow, time off for stress. Take it and run. You obviously need it, doctors don't give out those orders often. Hugs to you, too. :l
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X