Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to be free

hello everyone,
    I just wanted to introduce myself. I am on day 13 of no drinking I can honestly say I have not gone that many days Af in 13 years! I really feel great, I had no idea I could sleep so well and wake up so clear headed. I come from a long line of alcoholics. What I really want is to be AF.
    Im so glad I found this group.m just trying to learn as much as I can, and stay motivated. I have never gotten myself into any real trouble drinking but I just could not stop a 4 drink a day habit. It was like an out of body experience I would say to myself Im not going to drink today, but by days end it was like somebody else was taking over.
    My whole family are big drinkers I am just tired of it all.

Ill take any advice I can get
    thanks, Sparrow

want to be free

Hello Sparrow! Didn't I see you on our 30 day thread too? Welcome!!

Have you gotten or downloaded the MWO book, and are you taking any of the recommended supplements, or have you done these 13 days just through willpower? That is great progress, however you are getting there!! Read a bunch and ask lots of questions!!

Comment

want to be free

Hi Sparrow,
      I saw you in chat the other night but I don't think we had a chance to connect. Sounds like you are doing a good job! We all feel that morning voice "not gonna drink" but by evening that voice has a different message. Welcome and keep on reading and posting.

Comment

want to be free

Hi Sparrow ... You can do it! I was a "3" and day for years. Your post is EXACTLY what I would have posted .... about 7 years before I actually quit. but what happened is I started drinking here and there during the day. The I found myself needing one in the morning... or two or three. So it became 3 in the morning,,, 3 in the afternoon,,, and 3-6 in the evening. SO.... stop now while it is still outside of the critical stage. Trust me ... you eventually will drink more than the four. You would be wise to stop now.

Best to you
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

want to be free

Hi Sparrow,
          Just saying hello and great job on the 13 days! Good to have you around.
          Tulipe
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

want to be free

Hi Sparrow, well done and good for you. For many years I was a 4 drink a day person, then suddenly it went completely out of control. If you can find your freedom now, you will save yourself a lot of pain later.
            This is a progressive problem, it does not stay stagnant..it does get worse.

Comment

want to be free

Thanks guys for all of your replys,
              I definitly do here you.
              I,m getting the book and some of the supps. I've seen people in my family drink a few a day for years and then go over the edge at 50 or 60. I also have some really bad alcholics. I have known for years I have an "issue wirh Al" I just think about it waaay too much. what's turning the corner for me is I got a job at a baptist church, when ever they do anyhting there's no drinking and they all seem to have a great time hmmm. plus the older ladies all look and act so young. I just dont want it anymore. but I know its not that easy. that's why I'm glad to have found this site.
              thanks again
              sparrow

Comment

want to be free

Hi sparrow,

Welcome, glad you found us!
                Great job on 13 days, you should feel pretty good & proud too
                Look forward to hearing more from you.
                Stay strong.

Lavande
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

want to be free

Hello Sparrow and welcome! Well you certainly found the right place if you are wanting support. We all share the common goal of beating the beast known as AL.
                  Strength and an indomitable will to you!
                  Regards Grim.
                  'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

want to be free

:welcome:hi sparrow just saying hi and welcome,this is really a great site with lots of help and support

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

want to be free

Welcome Sparrow. Congrats on 13 days! I made it 5 days last week but started drinking Friday night. Very mad at myself but all I can do now is start over. So much more I could have accomplished this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X