Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Saturday

Morning all

My return to MWO hasn't automatically been accompanied by AF success BUT it is certainly helping and ODAT approach is the very best for me. Looking back and beating yourself up about failures is one of the most damaging things. Taking each day as a fresh one might feel like groundhog day but it does help.

So here I am today, a new day, a day with a plan to be AF (in fact I've got a plan for the next 3 days up my sleeve - hehe!!) and it will work. It will work because I have to drive this evening and am going out with a friend who doesn't really drink much anyway and will have plenty of Al free options for me.

So a booze free day for me!! You having one too?

Bessie xxx

ODAT - Saturday

Hi Bessie,
    Good to hear from you. Welcome to a new day!
    I am on my own with kids and no school for a week so here is my plan for today:
    - we made waffles this morning, I already cleaned up.
    - Going to supermarket
    - Going to children's museum
    - Afterwards going swimming
    - Hot showers after swimming at the pool
    - Dinner at the pool
    - Bedtime!

Have a great day!

- Tulipe
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi Bessie and Tulipe, count me in. I plan on an AF saturday. This will be day one of a 30 day I plan to do.
      "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

I have not posted in a couple of weeks. I had to fly many miles over two and a half days to and from a dreadful funeral, sad and horrifying, take your pick. I managed not to drink while everybody else did, and then when I got back I really needed to rest but felt I could not turn down a couple of difficult work assignments after spending so much on last minute plane tickets, hotels, cars etc. After three days in which I made a lot of money I continued to overextend myself one way or another until I ran out of internal resources (or thought I did) and drank every evening for several days which made things worse. Darn it. I am going to try this again as it worked before. I am glad that this is just one day. Sorry to be so crabby. I am genuinely grateful to have this spot to come back to. Love and courage to all, Ladybird.
        may we be well

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi guys,

Ladybird, sorry you have had such a rough week.
          Things are still going well - day 16 here. Heading off to the cottage in 10 minutes. I'll be checking in through Bessie all week (hope that's okay Bess!)

Have a good weekend everyone!
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Working...
          X