Changed1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed1

Hi all, new here and want to stop drinking completely. It's hard not to drink every day. I did so a couple of days ago and it wasn't so bad.

I've been drinking for many years and my Dr. has told me I have to stop. I'm an online person more than a meeting person, so I wanted to join this community. Thanks for being here and I'll look around. Looks like a good place to be.
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Changed1

Hello Changed 1, and welcome.
    It is a great place.
    There is plenty of good advice and support to help you on your way to beating this thing.
    We're all here for the same reason and you'll be surprised how easy it is to settle in here.
    I hope you find what you want.

Comment

Changed1

Hi Changed1,

Welcome, glad you found us
      Joining this community has helped me reach my goal, it can help you too!!

I am not a meeting person either but I do confess to logging on this site as many times per day as it takes to keep me on track. There's lots of useful info and supportive people here to help you.
      Have you read the MWO book yet and made your plan?

Log in often, do lots of reading, ask questions - we are all here for you.

Wishing you the best!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Changed1

Changed...you have joined the right place. we love to talk and we love to listen...so please come in and post and read. also there is chat which helps as well. Welcome, welcome, welcome

Comment

Changed1

Thanks all so much for the warm welcome. It's good to be here.

What I'm dealing with right now is a complete lack of motivation. I'd like to get some wine, but after finding sleeping pills in strange places (and I put cottage cheese in the bottle and don't remember any of it), I am scared to. It wasn't the wine that led to the blackout, rather the sleeping pills will at times make me eat and not remember. I should really knock them off as I don't know what I was doing with them last night. Plus, what if things were to escalate and I drove, although I don't think I'd do that.

At any rate, sober as a judge here but cannot get anything done. This is what happens when I stop drinking. I just cannot get anything done. I will force myself to go to a women's AA meeting in a couple of hours, even though it's far, and even though I am not an AA person. I need to pull out of this and maybe going to a meeting will help. Then I'll force myself to go to the gym and maybe after all of this I will have the energy to clean this house.

At any rate, thank you, thank you and thank you.
          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Working...
          X