Modded? Slipped? F'd up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded? Slipped? F'd up?

Thank you so much! It really helps to have your perspectives. I will take your advice and chalk it up to experience (and admittedly to a little bit of being "feckin' lucky," Greeneyes ). Take that, big AL beast!

Heehee, Scrubbs, I did indeed have the Tippi Hedron hair swoop going on that day. (For those who didn't read the other thread, we were in Bodega Bay for the weekend, where they filmed Hitchcock's "The Birds.") 'Was trying to get a snapshot in front of the town welcome sign. We later ran into a local merchant who said he would loan me a big stuffed raven that I could cower in front of. It's an interesting and beautiful town that I will revisit someday.
    "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Modded? Slipped? F'd up?

Let's just say I wish I could stop at 3!! And 60 days is OUTstanding!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Modded? Slipped? F'd up?

LilBit, I wouldn't have been able to stop at 3; let alone have 3 ALL afternoon! Geesh, I would have finished the 3 within an hour.

Well, done and keep on going!

Comment

Modded? Slipped? F'd up?

I think you did fantastic!! You are an inspiration to me. My goal is to be AF. However, I accept that I might slip. And if I can have a slip like that, I would be so greatful.

Comment

Modded? Slipped? F'd up?

Thank you guys! I really can't tell you how much your words and support mean to me. :h I grew up desperately trying to please a perfectionist mother :devil: and one of my persistent demons is the notion that 99% accomplishment is just not good enough. Despite all the therapy and what I know in my head, it's still a little voice that pops up when I fall short of perfection. Thanks for helping me shout it down.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Modded? Slipped? F'd up?

LilBit,
              Perfection is not what it's cracked up to be. It's overrated. Unenjoyable, and just plain pisses everyone else off! Maybe you tried very hard to be your mom's little project, but it was obviously an impossible task to live up to and it's good you are letting that go.
              Tulipe
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
              X