Well it is monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it is monday...

I made it through the weekend but did drink...Had a bottle of red myself last nite, while visiting a friend...consumed it in a short time..Do not dare drink red wine at home now...trying to stay away from it but it is hard!!!

So used to the evening drinks, need to get through a week without anything...any suggestions on this? I already exercise...Just seems that the brain is trained for the evening drinks of wine.

Well it is monday...

Hello Finding...

Have you downloaded or ordered the My Way Out book to read? It has a complete overview of the whole program, exercise is just one part. I believe that for me, doing the whole program has been key to kicking the habit....supplements, topamax, hypnotherapy, these message boards, etc.

We refer to doing it through just willpower alone as "white-knuckling" and we all agree that it is VERY VERY hard to do it that way alone!!! Good luck to you.

Comment

Well it is monday...

One thing to do is to stay away from bars as well.

Makes it tough for me because I live close to three bars.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Well it is monday...

Thanks, No I have not downloaded the book...i will look at it.

Comment

Well it is monday...

Finding me again-

Welcome! I am not sure where you are at with drinking but personally I have made my first real attempts at controlling my habit in the last few months. I will say that this website and message boards have been tremendously helpful. Also, keeping up with the program (I am using the CDs, taking supplements, etc) takes up some of the time I would otherwise spend drinking, or wishing I was. If you need support, advise, or just plain understanding this is the place to find it. I hope we will see more of you around here!

Take care,

Liath
          Liath

Comment

Working...
          X