Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping I never need my reserve.

Hey my fellow MWO'ers!
    It just so happens that I recieved confirmation of my spot on a parachuting course! I am hugely excited as I have wanted to do this for ages but due to AL and my weekend binges I haven't been able to commit! It is quite a long way off still (7th - 9th August) but right now I am not wishing time away, unlike how I was when drinking i.e. "I wish this Monday would just hurry up and get over already, I feel like shit" etc.
    Watch this space folks, you ain't seen nothing yet!
    Regards and respect to you all, Grim.
    'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Wow Grim! Now if that isnt a good reason to stay on the straight and narrow, I dont know what is!!
    Brilliant that you are doing things that you wouldnt have done while drinking too.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Grim onwards and upwards my friend, apart from the parachute descents eh.
      It is a different world sober and the skys the limit on what we can achieve. Opps there I go again
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thats great Grim. I too am finding out what its like to live life as apposed to drinking on the weekends. Its amazing!

Also, I am glad that you got yourself a picture, albeit a slightly ominous one.

Take care,
        Liath

Comment

What an awesome thing to look forward to in August! Way to go not letting AL keep you from enjoying fun things in life ... Parachuting! Very cool!
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

That sounds like so much fun! And something to look forward to will help motivate.

Comment

Startie, KTAB, Liath, 42Cat, Louise, thank you all for the positive replies and never ending motivation, you guys rock!
              Liath, I suppose one could see my avatar as slightly ominous but I saw the pic with a photog's (albeit newbie) eye. The full size pic is stunning, a magnificent storm over Cape Town a while back!
              I will change my avatar to a pic from my first parachute jump in August.....
              Rock on good people!
              'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Wow Grim!! That is so exciting!!
                I signed up for a parachuting course just after I left school but my father refused to sign the consent form so I never jumped -- I've always wanted to tho.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee;651029 wrote: Wow Grim!! That is so exciting!!
                  I signed up for a parachuting course just after I left school but my father refused to sign the consent form so I never jumped -- I've always wanted to tho.
                  Hey DeeBee, so what is wrong with doing it now? No need for parental consent now, I am thinking.........where in SA are you? I can find a drop zone for you chop-chop.......

Comment

Hi Grim
                    You will totally love the jump, I done a jump nearly two years ago now back in the UK but I had someone leading me but my god its is the best thing I have ever done, I got the company to film me and I still feel all that excitment now when I watch it back. so good luck and enjoy every second of it.
                    :dancin: enguin:
                    starting over

Comment

Hi Grim,
                      You are braver than I could ever be. At least jumping in SA will give you a nice view!
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Skydive - that is what I did
                        God when I first typed my message I could'nt for the life of me think of the word, my god does this mean that having no AL in your system it also means having no brain!!:H
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

That;s so great. SOBER living has so many rewards. I keep seeing them everyday and am so grateful I don't HAVE TO DRINK anymore.
                          It just keeps getting better and better !!!
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Tulipe, Evie.Lou and Ronnie,

Well I am seriously looking forward to it. I am jumping in Grahamstown which is quite far inland and with it being winter, the scenery should be pretty drab. Once I have my ticket for freefall you can taken it as a given that I will jump in some pretty awesome spots. One place I am dying to try is up the west coast from Cape Town.

Once I have built up experience I would love to jump out of a Tiger Moth....I filmed a stunt dude doing it a while back and it looked uber cool!

I promise to link some pics from the first few jumps in August!

Evie, couldn't agree more.....the horrible grey mist seems to have lifted and.....Hey Presto! There is a whole new world out there!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support!

Regards to all, Grim.

Comment

Grimster,

Glad that you're sounding so upbeat!

How's the injury coming along? Physio seemed quite positive?
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X