I lost it - I'll get back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how it all happened. We had houseguests, and some wine. Michael Jackson died and my cat barfed. That little nodule in my brain that responds to alcohol got tweeked, and suddenly a three litre bottle of vodka got bought. Now poured out but it was only half empty.

I had thought I was over this. The more I quit, the more I walk a tightrope.

I shall walk it for the rest of my life, I guess. Because I do not choose that other life.

glad you came here to be honest withyourself and everyone here you are a good and wise person ..
    so hell dont beat yourself up too much we have all been there and done that .. so dust yourself off and keep on keeping on stay strong and keep thinking positive
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

boss.man,

This happens to most. Very few get it right the first time and never slip. You have done amazingly well and like T has said, you came right back, you were honest with yourself, you shared and you will get right back on track.

You are a wise man.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Boss .. I hope you don't mind, but I chuckled out loud when I read your post. You do have a way with words! ("MJ died and my cat barfed") ..

OK, I'm composing myself. .. *ahem*

As for the vodka episode ... Focus on the good things about it ... You only consumed half and dumped the other half out ... You definitely seem to be very aware of exactly what has happened - ie., not in denial; totally honest ... And, most importantly, you are choosing to keep fighting it, even if/when it bites you back from time to time .. choosing to fight for the good life.

One negative ... but so many positives to use.

... Onward!!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Onward cat!

I'm very proud of you.

Comment

I'm very sorry you think I'm wise and sound. I'm not.
            We all wish we could latch on to someone "wise and sound", but don't think it has to be YOU! If I were you and had that kind of thinking while on this site...I'd have to start driniking!!!!
            Lighten up on yourself, Boss. You ARE a leader, but you are not a savior!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I shall walk it for the rest of my life, I guess. Because I do not choose that other life.
              That line really hit me. I feel like I'm walking a tightrope too!!! and will keep choosing to stay on it as best I can.
              For me, its the beating my self up for slipping off that probably keeps me falling off too. hmmm...
              Thanks for your post
              Cheri
              May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

hi boss life goes on,you are a survivor,ive been doing this honestly for 10 years,have i succeeded in many different ways,even tho ive lapsed or relapsed i no when ive had enuff , and beleive me so do you,as i say to many i wish yo well gyco

Comment

We're all walking the line Boss, we're all walking the line...................
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I like you Boss and I am in your corner. Ladybird.
                    may we be well

Comment

Alcohol is a deceptive little critter. It waits until you are doing well, and feeling confident and control of your life, then whispers in your ear "Hey, you are doing good, you can handle just a few drinks".

Then after the buzz wears off, the truth creeps back into place. You feel like you lost control yet again, and now have to deal with all the unpleasantness later on. You feel like a hampster on one of those treadmill things going round and round.

You ask yourself, "Was it really worth it?" And the answer is always No. You wonder why you gave in yet again.

I hear ya Bossman. Trust me, I hear you, and so do all of us on the treadmill with you.

It will be ok... One day we will beat the critter down, and bury him once and for all!!!

Love,

Overit :l
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Yes, boss.man, you will get it back. And with your determination, I would imagine pretty quickly too.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

At the risk of being far too forward, here goes........

:l

Comment

Hey, you threw 1/2 of it out! You didn't decide "I'll quit again after I finish it." Which is how my brain works. Good for you!

Comment

Boss, like the others have said, it could have been so much worse.
                              I think it was just a little trip on the tightrope not a freefall and that my friend is most impressive.
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X