What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What next?

I am unsure as to where to begin to stop drinking, a glass or two a night or 10 on the weekends, if I remember, do I get medical help or do I be stronger and try to manage this curse. Sometimes I dont even want a drink and sometimes I find 10 is not enough. My husband needs to remind me sometimes what happened the night before, I just dont remember and its getting worse and Im gettting scared. Ive givenup smoking and was hoping that the drinking might follow but it just goes with the tides!:new:thanks:

What next?

Hi Scottybella,

I think the first step would be to read as much as you can on the boards here. Ask questions, and get yourself a plan. Do you have any AF (alcohol free days) at all? Do you know what your triggers are to drink - stress, boredom etc? (Mine are generally boredom and family!). Find a place on the board you feel comfortable with and post regularly. Others willbe along behind my to welcome and advise. Well done on taking the first step and posting......

Bets
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

What next?

Scotty, Betty is so right. This is a great place to start. Show up often and read and write. we all post from the heart so hopefully you can too. there is a toolbox, info about meds and supps and just plain good advice. there are people on-line literally 24 hours a day (believe me i have tested it) and everyone wants to help.:welcome:

Comment

Working...
      X