ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Morning all. Too much sun and too much Al yesterday. Not today though. I wanted to go for an Al free July but that just isn't the way to do it. Too big a goal for me at the moment. One Day At A Time. That is the only way.

Got a lot of 'stuff' to do today (when don't I?!!) though I will go to visit some nice gardens about 10 minutes down the road to pick up some tickets to give to my next holiday guests. I've lived here 14 years and never been to the gardens before!!

Dinner at a local pub with friends tonight - going to have to work on my strategy for that one.

Good luck with every one else for their strategy for the day.

Bessie xx

ODAT - Friday

Just checking in
    Long Road
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

ODAT - Friday

That's tough Bessie - it will be just too tempting for me. Take care of yourself.
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

7 days af

HELLOOO Everyone..

Well yesterday was a gorgeous day in the uk... instead of going to work in my car i took the health route and gone on my bike to work....But did have bad craving in work you see i work in Tesco in a food store seeing evryone buying all different AL at a bargin as well didn't make it easy 4me ..really AL was on my mind until i started and finish it was good to go home knowning i had no money on me because i would normally leave some money in my car and go back in tesco to buy what im craving for! once i got home and close that front door behind me and i felt safe....no more bad dreams as well (of childhood dreams)

Bessie..thats all we can do ODAT..enjoy your visit at the garden and good luck for tonight you can do it just stay strong.
        un..well done on 21days you never know when you get to 30days you might just want to keep going ( i did)
        overit....well done on staying in control.
        Tulipe.. hope all is going well.
        bossman... enjoy your 3days i love a good clean out throwing all that junk out it is very satiafying for me just excuse to get more junk.
        Greenie ...the colour red is a strong colour for a strong person ( i love it) just like to say thanx u....:l
        I cant get on here evryday but i still read post love u all
        I hope ive not left anyone out if soooo big:l from me and stay strong.x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

ODAT - Friday

ODATERS!!!

Got l-glute?
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Wow, Catch22. You have a great memory! Mines not so good! Hope you all know I always wish every single person on here my very best for their success!

Yep, Green, I got my L-Glut. I am thinking of upping my doses even. I am taking 2 1000 mg twice a day as directed. I think it would benefit me to take more!

Taking the L-Glut does "help" with the cravings, but that old habit just sometimes takes over. I found myself bored with a bottle of wine last night. Funny thing is, I really did not have a desire to get drunk, and I actually DID NOT get drunk on a bottle of wine. (drank very slow and ate alot of food with it)

Is it progress if you drink but dont get drunk or even care that much to get drunk with glass in hand???? Hmmmmm.... Heck I dont know!!!

NOT drinking today, working all day and its my norm to not drink the day after.

Enjoy your day my friends, and have no regrets for today!!!

Love,

Overit
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good morning, everyone. I awoke to a gentle rain (mingled in with the stream on the MYO CD) and no hangover, no anxiety, no shame, no dread. Not a bit, I looked everywhere, and could not muster up a shred. No matter what happens today, just starting out this way can only be a really good (and novel) thing. I wish you well today and all days. Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi guys - still going strong here. Slept in a bit - last day at the cottage. I do have to go into the office on Monday and then to my doctors for the note for a couple of weeks off. I feel really guilty about that but then the anxiety of my job kicks in and I remember why I need a couple of weeks off.

Hope everyone has a great day and does it ODAT.

Love and hugs,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Woowoo for all! It's a holiday here in the US. Independence day (Observed). The actual independence day is tomorrow, but we're all allowed Friday off. Of course, I'm the Boss so I decided that, but I did it based on the stock market, post office and banks.

We are so warm this morning, it's just like a perfect day of childhood summer camp. I wish I could be like a child and have no cares. I'm going to try. I went to the farmer's market yesterday and got some fresh eggs, chevre cheese, and early potatoes. I'm going to try to make a nice fresh omlette with herbs from our garden.

Our whole lives are just a matter of perspective. I can't recall any worry or angst in my childhood, at least not more than normal. I hate one of my neighbors (a homeowner no less, but young) who gathers with her friends on her porch at 4am for a bit of a party. But that only brings to mind that I can OWN my own home, which is historically not really the case. In the "6000" years of history, very few people actually owned their home. And my neighborhood is very quiet, such that I can be disturbed. So I think it's important to keep in mind how special it is, rather than how I was annoyed.

In the future maybe my retirement will fail another 2-3 times. My sleep will be disturbed. I will get unhealthy and go to the hospital. And all through it, maybe a fresh berry or a fingerling potato from a farmer's market will remind me, it's all just a matter of perspective.

BTW - If I see one more reference to MJ on TV I'm going to Barf! There! I did it. I'm going outside now!

Comment

Working...
                  X