Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you deal with the emotions...

lookingforhope,
    It can be very difficult to control the emotional ride that we sometimes find ourselves on. Our befuddled brains have to heal and settle into their new environments, which sometimes they have not experienced for a very long time. I found myself bursting into tears a few seconds after thinking to myself how well things were going. Taking the time to sit and actually clear these thoughts away, instead of analysing and over-thinking those things that I found upsetting really helped, when I knew what it was that was bringing it on. Sometimes I simply didn't know the cause and I just had to let it pass, which it always did. I like to keep busy and make myself try to have a bit of fun and not let things get in the way of my ultimate aim. It always sounds so easy when I look at it on paper, but I know how difficult it can be to get on with your day when you're feeling bad.
    Though it's a natural process, and at times distressing to go through, having a drink to alleviate these feelings (which I confess to doing before I found how to deal with it otherwise) only puts us back where we started and is not the cure.
    It'll pass if you give it a chance.
    Good luck.

Comment

How did you deal with the emotions...

Stay with the plan and watch the whole WORLD start to feel better. It takes time but it is SOOO worth it !!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
      X