This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend

For those who are quitting drinking and not just MOD lets make a pledge to not drink at all this weekend. I am making this pledge to not drink at all this weekend.

And for those who are MOD lets make a pledge to not drink too much and to not drink and drive.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

This weekend

Good post, Drifty. I'm trying to mod, with a mind that if I step over the line, then it's AF no matter what.

I will pledge that I will only have 1 beer tomorrow night, around 9:00 p.m. And no driving for me.
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

This weekend

Not long after the post mom returned to work early. She had a peach schnap to help her sleep and I was tempted to have one. But I kept remembering about my quit and pledge.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

This weekend

Drufty...I hope by noe on these boards and akk the DUIS and deaths that have been shared here because of drinking and drinking that somehow that has sank in. The PROBLEM IS....when you are drunk...you are not in your right mind, thus you make irrational decisions....that is where having a designated driver comes in to play. If you leave your house KNOWING you are going to drink...dont fool yourself, COME ON...we are alcoholics...why risk it, have a DD!!!!!!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

This weekend

Drifty, i will make that pledge with you.

Comment

This weekend

Good that you made the PLEDGE !!!
            Everyone will wake up tomorrow much the BETTER if they join you ........

The 4th is a time for bar b Que and beer in my PAST. This year it's chicken soup and tea...with watermelon being the finishing touch. I see no hang over in my future as long as I stick to that !!!

The fireworks will not cause me to cringe from the loud noise.....as I did in the past.
            This year I'm gonna enjoy the excitement SOBER !!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

This weekend

Miss U Cacky

Saw U on Chat but missed U. Try again?
              Long Road
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

This weekend

I am trying to Mod and will definitely make that pledge. 42cat, I am with you. If I screw up and have another one of my 'incidents' then I am going to have to go AF forever. So far so good (2 weeks on Monday!) This, however, is a TOUGH weekend for many of us who live in the U.S. because of the holiday. If we can get through this, then we can do anything!:thanks:
                Liath

Comment

This weekend

Liath, I hope the modding goes well and works for you! You have it quite right, If you can do this, you can do ANYTHING!

Dirfty, a little late in the weekend, but I will happily join you in this pledge!

Regards from a fairly chilly South Africa!
                  'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Working...
                  X