Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOgoodverybadday

Hi Everyone,

I just need to vent. I had a pretty annoying day yesterday. I awoke to find the house a really big mess , thanks to my kids who are on summer break and stay up till all hours of the night eating snacks and leaving me the mess. I went to work even thought I didnt feel well due to bronchitis. Had to wait 2 hours at the doc, then 3 yes 3 hours at the Vet for my animals to get shots. The kids spent all day fighting, one kid knocked his tooth out, worked until 8:15pm. after that made dinner cleaned up the place. No I didnt have a drink. but sure coulda used one!
    What do you all do with days like this? I almost didnt make it. Thanks to all me new mwo friends.

Sparrow

NOgoodverybadday

Hey there, Sparrow. How I deal with it is to put it into perspective ... remember what I was like as a teen (I have two girls, 16 and 20 - so I know what you mean with regard to them staying up late, etc.) ... and I try to keep in mind that whatever happens "today" will be my kids' memories tomorrow, so that keeps me from making a scene. I usually think to myself, "hey, it could be worse" ... It's only a messy house - no one died" ... "It's only a few hours out of my day." .... "It's cool."

Sometimes I have to lie to myself .. lol ... but whatever works.

Hang in there.
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

3 hours @ the vet is insane!!! Sounds like a socialized vet!

Congrats for staying AF!

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

Some days it's just nice to get into bed sober!....That beats passing out on the settee and waking up cold at 3am with a crinked neck.
        If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

Hey sparrow,
          My kids are grown now but I do remember them hanging around all summer, leaving messes, etc. I spent a couple of completely sleepless summers because I worked night shift and was unable to sleep in a noisey house. That's when I found them summer jobs.............
          Hang in there, they do grow out of this stage. Be proud of yourself for staying AF - it is worth it, you'll see
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

Sparrow, sorry you had such a rough day. Anyone who's ever had teenagers and animals at home (I had 3 and 2 respectively for a few years) understands what you went through. Hope things get better. Getting them jobs sounds WONDERFUL -- good call, Lavande!
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

Sparrow, are you by any chance quoting the book about the boy who moves to Australia and hates it at first? I forget his name.
              Good for you for staying strong.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

Hi Tulipe, I believe the book is> Alexander and the No Good Terrible Very Bad Day" or something like that, thanks for all the suggestions and support. I love most of my kids most days, I have alot of them and the house is never quiet.No excuse to drink though, Hubby still has his few glasses every night, But he always gets up for work no problem. still; I wish he'd quit too. oh well NMP everyone has to do their own thing right. day 26 done, Im happy about that. Good night all!

Sparrow

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

Day 26 - that's wonderful. Yep we have that book too. I agree - I have used kids as an excuse and they are the reason not do drink, no?
                  My DH drinks at night too - never too much - but I wonder over time if this will bug me more.
                  Good Morning to an AF day!
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

NOgoodverybadday

Hi sparrow and all-

I can really relate to your post--except the 3 hour wait at the vet--find a new one!
                    At first it was the stress of the day that made me want to drink, but I've found that over time it has gotten easier to just do something else. Somedays it is overwhelming and I'm full of resentment when hubby drinks his beer (almost everynight, almost always too much) but I'm ALWAYS glad the next morning when I didn't give in to the temptation. It wouldn't help, and it would only make me feel like crap again! I do think it is breaking the routine, or habit and getting your brain used to doing other things that makes this af thing successful.
                    Hang in there!!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                    X