Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody starting AF today? Day 1 for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is this fine Thursday shaping up for everyone?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Doing good!! Didn't drink on the date last night!! I can't tell you how proud I am of myself. Tonight have a bookclub at my house. This entails me having lots of food, wine and beer for the attendees. I generally end up leaving our bookclub hammered, most (not all) people drink normally at it. A little nervous about it but I am feeling really strong and going to have some tea and soda. How about everyone else?

Comment

I'll jump on that bandwagon too ... Day 1 for me today.
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

day one for me over here too! woo hooooo :goodjob:
          :goodluck:
          Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny
          AF from Thursday 9 July

Comment

Day two...ouch. Feel like garbage...sorry, just being honest. But I'm AF and hanging in there. Good luck to all and congrats to those on Day 2! National
            AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

National,
              Sorry you feel like garbage! However, I suppose if this was easy we wouldn't all need each other so much. Hang in there. I am feeling good today, but that could change tomorrow. I don't know if this is one of the things that is helping me, but I am on anti-depressants. I think I initially got on them becuase I was so depressed about my drinking and just felt like there was no way out. After about a month and a half of being on them and feeling just a little bit better I realized that even they couldn't really help me if I didn't stop drinking. Anyway, just a thougt, but maybe that would help you now. I sure think they are helping me through this. Congrats on day 2 though!

Comment

:l National

It will get better - honest.

The first time I made it to 7 days or so AF I was very tired, moody, just listless in general. It is our body adjusting to NOT being poisoned. We've abused it for so long - it takes a little time to start functioning normally and properly again.

Please hang in there. Lots of fluids and lots of sleep (if you can). Some light exercise, some fresh air.

Comment

Thanks sunshine...besides my "crying" above, I feel pretty good compared to what I had envisioned. Glad I had travel/meetings cancelled so now I can "veg out" until I get the poison out of me (just need to make it one more day in the office without running down the aisles and jumping on desks . Then the real adventure starts! Staying AF and healthy...can't wait.
                  AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Bravo National - I wasn't committed to not drinking yesterday, but actually decided at the last minute to stick to the Perrier thinking of all of you. Not sure again today, but determined to stop at one. Funny though - even though I'm not completely AF, I have cut down so far that my system feels.... well.... odd. Digestive things. Does that sound like what anyone else has?

Comment

Yeah I have been trying to mod. Haven't screwed up royally yet (since June 21st) but one or two borderline nights. I am looking forward to a SOBER weekend since I just had a big accomplishment to celebrate and drank some. (like I said, nothing crazy but still..) Back to the CDs, the supps, everything. I can NEVER let my guard down or I WILL end up drunk. What a pain.
                      Liath

Comment

DancingGirl, yeah, I remember being really listless and oh- bloated! Forgot about that... horribly bloated. Makes you wonder what we put our body through for all that time, eh?

Comment

Liath;660338 wrote: I can NEVER let my guard down or I WILL end up drunk. What a pain.
                          That's just what I was thinking during dinner (ONE and only one - I did it) - I'd like to just not worry about it. But I know where that will go - splash- shloshed again.

On the other hand, limiting to one made me sip that wine really slowly and taste it. I haven't tasted wine for a long time. Too involved in getting it down.

Onwards for all of us - sigh

Comment

Working...
                          X