Frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated!

I am on day 1 and am waiting for a date with new guy. We are going to dinner and all I can think is why can't I have just one glass of wine. I know all the reasons why and yet I always think the outcome will be different. I am just annoyed with myself for even thinking about it or trying to justify it. Wish me luck!

Frustrated!

Good luck present... and stick with non AL drinks! You'll have much better judgment about your date!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Frustrated!

Hi Present & welcome
      Wow I forgot what it is like to have a "date" (been marriage nearly 10 yrs now)
      But hey you dont really want a drink, just think this could be the guy for you and you dont want to spoil it on your 1st date by getting smashed, cause you know it wont stop at just one glass dont you.....
      Just think how proud you will be of yourself in the morning, waking up hangover free and best of all, remembering everything about tonight... and hopefully how wonderful this new guy is.....
      All the best for tonight, I wish you well.
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Frustrated!

Present, being on the date with a new guy lat week was a trigger for me. I did not get drunk, or anything, had only two glasses of wine with a nice food. However, he did not call again and I had two bottles a few nights later. Either the wine I had with dinner triggered my desire to drink, or I am just not ready for a stress of a new guy.
        I hope you had better luck with no binge afterwards. Keep us in the loop
        "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Frustrated!

IN sobriety we should not get a pet or go into a relationship for the first year?
          what is more important right now? frustrated, i can sure understand. be careful, first impressions matter.

smile your on candid camera.
          An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Frustrated!

Thank you for all the well wishes and advice. Update: I had a wonderful time. I just got home and did not have a drink!!! Not a single one. Just water with a lemon. I told him I wasn't drinking for a month because I needed to quit smoking and there was no way I could accomplish that goal if I was drinking. While this is true, I did not add the fact that I have realized I am a binge drinker and may after the month decide I can never drink again. Right now I am just focusing on making it through this month though and didn't think I needed to go into all that. After dinner I am certain we would have gone to a bar for an after dinner drink but since I wasn't drinking we just drove around, looked at houses and talked. I am just so proud of myself. I was afraid I wouldn't have fun b/c I couldn't have a glass of wine, but instead I think I had more fun b/c I wasn't consumed with getting my next drink and instead got to know my date. It also really helped me to have a group to come home to and be accountable to. My next trial will be tomorrow night. I am hosting a book club and we always drink at these. I will provide wine and beer for the guests, but I am planning on making some hot tea or lemon water for me. Thank you all again! I am now going to slip into my bed, sober!!

Comment

Frustrated!

:goodjob:

Sounds like you had a good time, and you stuck to your plan! Can't ask for better than that!

Comment

Frustrated!

Being,

:goodjob:

And I am glad you had an enjoyable evening, too.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Frustrated!

Wow, that is great! You must feel so good. You handeled it very well and I wish I did the same.
                  Tomorrow will be good too.
                  "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
                  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                  X