Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT- Thursday

HELLOOO THERE EVeryone!

Welcome to any Newbies.... Any guests looking IN please come and join us we are a great bunch dont be sacred we dont bite, i promise im not hungry today yet !

Not sure where Bessie is ! hope she dont mind me starting this thread this is my first time starting a ODAT thread been here since 2007

Had a good night sleep and felt like i really had a good sleep! so far i have just hooved up and wash the kitchen floor :jumpwow: yes that me jumping up and down, full of energy.
    Busy day today got to take my dog to be groom then of to my school job then pick my dog up and going to get a tattoo done at long last, meant to get this done last year lookin forward to getting stars then on my hips.. afterwards of to work to show of my tattoo.
    browneyez well done for not havin that second drink sounds like u are in control keep it up!

Right im offf have a good sober day everyone. big :l from me.xxxxxxx
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

ODAT- Thursday

Hi Catch 22 - thanks for starting. Takes the pressure off me!!

Get you washing the kitchen floor already!! :goodjob: Wish I could say the same about the energy levels - I've been sleeping for my country at the moment.... Not sure if it's got anything to do with being Al free for the longest time I have been for years... or something else. With Al I do have a lot more energy a lot of the time but that is ABSOLUTELY NOT a reason to go back.

Anyway, what Catch 22 said about Newbies is true. Come and say hi. It's a daily check in to help you get through One Day At a Time. And it works!

Love to all to come
    Bessie. xx

PS Finally got round to moving my sheep last night - not with a dog, all mine are a bit loopy for that. Just a bucket of feed and a lot of patience!!

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hi Catch and Bessie
      Doing the rounds today and trying to get some regular connecting happening. Will try and pop in on the ODAT thread when I can. Staying sober over here.
      Best wishes all x
      KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hey catch and bessie,
        Am feeling rather good today.. was a lil sweaty last night but twas rather warm..Had a fantastic sleep
        woke up feeling all refreshed and energised lol
        Im gunna do some cleaning whole of upstairs..Change sheets, hoover and the rest.. Oh what fun!
        Feeling rather optimistic today.. So it's all good!!
        Hope everyones day is going good.. its technically still morning here in england
        ~I hope I didn't brain my damage~:crazymonkey:

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hi ODATERS

Day 4 for me (again). Feeling very tired, sure it's part of the detox as this always seems to be what happens when I stop for a few days. Having said that my stomach feels great and my skin is looking good. If I don't drink tonight I definitely won't tomorrow as I have a 3-4 hour drive in the evening so that will get me though to the weekend.

Trying to motivate myself to go down to the swimming pool. I went on Tuesday and felt so relaxed afterwards.

have a great AF day everyone!
          If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

ODATERS!!!

Lots to do today and I see that having the bird feeders outside this room is a real distraction. Maybe it won't be so bad when the novelty wears off.

Bessie I know what you mean about the AL and energy. I was like that too. But I think the energy you get from good consistent sleep is better.

Catch you sound absolutely great!

Kayla, browneyez & blue stick to it! Blue, look at all you have to gain by being AF tonight!

Rock on!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hi guys,

Still AF here - it it wasn't for the wine on Saturday night I would be on day 28! But I still figure 28 days with only one night of some wine (on a very special occassion) is pretty damn good. Better than I've ever done before, that's for sure.

Catch, I got a tatoo on Saturday. I got it on my upper arm and it was something I had wanted to do for a long time as well - hope it goes well for you!

I have another doctors appt tomorrow - hope this is the one where she gives me the well needed note for time off work that she promised me. Coming in to the office when I feel this crappy is not good. I am sure this is due to the fatty red blood cells, slowing me down. Pisses me off too because I eat healthy, am 5'4 and weigh 120 so it's not like I'm overweight or eat poorly - I guess sometimes genetics just gets to you - fair or not.

anyway, hope everyone has a great day - mine will be filled with healthy eating and no AL.

take care guys,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT- Thursday

Hi, I'm new and not even at ODAT yet. I'm "one time of day at a time" - can I get past lunch? Drink water first, and find that by the time I'm finished the meal, I'm over the craving. Then after work - hard one! Lemon perrier and get away from the fridge! Dinner - hardest as I'm convinced that so much food is better with wine. Got through yesterday, so here's to today!

To all of us!

Comment

Working...
                X