Time to change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to change...

~PS~ Ellabella and Loobyloo...I LOVE your names!!! They make me happy to just say them outloud!

Comment

Time to change...

hey take heart, good to 'meet' you :new:

I just joined today, this site has been a lifeline today to me and I will continue to use it and read and talk with you all.

I am so pleased my MWO name makes you happy! It makes me happy too, it's what my dear auntie calls me, Loobyloo, I think it makes her happy too!

We just had family over for dinner tonight and they were like whay are you not drinking? I just made up a lie about how I had drunk every night (true, since I was 16 haha) and wanted a night off. I am not ready to tell people that I am abstaining/given up. I did give up for 4 months last year and suffered bad withdrawals and then fell off the wagon. This time I want to be AF forever but I am just going to take it one day at a time. I can beat the demon, it's not going to keep hold of me anymore. My poor aching liver or kidneys, and I look so damn haggard at the mo, drink makes you look awful hey!

What is drinking good for? Nothing. It doesn't even relax, it's more like stimulant in my case. I am just rambling now. I am talking to myself. Writing all this down is a nice feeling. I hate you bastard alcohol!!!!!

:upset:
      :goodluck:
      Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny
      AF from Thursday 9 July

Comment

Time to change...

Ellabella-

Welcome. I can definitely relate to your story. I am 32 and have been at it for a good 15 years. Up until this year, I never had more than a few days AF. I certainly drank to get drunk, mostly out with friends but if I woke up with a bad hangover and there was AL in the house then all bets were off. I haven't done anything truely regrettable in weeks and it is a great feeling. I hope to hear more from you and I am definitely here if you need me. I was so desperate when I first posted in this forum. Tears were streaming down my face as I read all of the kind and supportive replies. It gets better, though there may be bumps in the road. Just don't ever give up!
        Liath

Comment

Time to change...

Loobyloo- I know just what you mean. AL has been messing with us all and I am fed up with it!
          Liath

Comment

Working...
          X