Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation Tomorrow

Hello Every one,
    Im leaving for a family reuinion tomorrow. I will reach my 30 day AF on sat. I plan to do another 30. I do not plan to drink on this trip although I know that others will be
    Any suggestions or advice.
    We are all staying together in a house on the beach. Not everyone drinks thankfully, a few are tea totalers.
    I am a little worried . Im just so done with drinking. But in the past it hasnt always been that easy. I wish I didn't have to go but you know how it is with these family things.
    I hope I can log on while Im away but Ill check in with you all as soon as I am able and tell you all how it goes.

Thaks in advance for taking the time to ansewr my thread, You guys rock!!!!

Sparrow:thanks:

Vacation Tomorrow

I think just try and relax, focus on the break, you've done so well to get where you are now. It's really great to take a holiday without the added stress of worrying where/when your going to get your next drink.

Are your family aware that you've been AF?

Bets
    x
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Vacation Tomorrow

sparrow,

You're approacing your 30 day goal - fantastic, congratulations
      Be happy, be proud and take that feeling with you to your family reunion!! Tell yourself that drinking is NOT an option at this point - you just don't do that anymore!! You want to wake up on Sunday - Day 31 and be as happy & proud as you are right now

Stay strong - it's worth it!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Vacation Tomorrow

I would try to hang with the people who aren't drinking and go for a walk on the beach if you feel the urge to drink.

Comment

Vacation Tomorrow

P.S. ~ Congratulations on 30 days!!!

Comment

Vacation Tomorrow

Enjoy the reunion - you've come so far, just stay focussed on your goal

Comment

Vacation Tomorrow

Wow - congratulations on 30days. From where I am my ODAT is one time of day at a time! And I'm off to a cottage for the weekend too - and wondering how that will go.

Hopeful strategies - drink other things (my favourite right now is either lemon perrier or tea), get away from the table or area with the drinks, confide in some other family members (people who aren't drinking and/or will help you gently).

Have a great AF time!

Comment

Vacation Tomorrow

I would suggest taking some "virgin" cocktails - virgin margaritas, AF beer or coolers - whatever your pleasure. I know that has been a saviour for me the past 30 days when I have been in social outdoor BBQ drinking situations. Not sure what is available in Florida but I know here in Canada we have a lot of good options.

Just a thought! I hope you enjoy your holiday!
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Vacation Tomorrow

Thanks a million you guys!!

I can't believe how much this is helping me. My husband knows that I qiut drinking and some of my friends do too. I havn't been making a really big deal out of it because I've quit so many times before and it never lasted.

It's just a weird issue, if you know what I mean. Everybody has there own problems and judgrments about alcohol. I tend to be a real all or nothing kind of a person.
                  I'm also in al-anon and one big thing there is" live and let live".
                  I'm beginning to realize tat my own issues with al are really twisted up with the problems other people in my family have.

My new rule is if I feel like I need a drink in order to deal with you, I'm not dealing with you! Luckily this week I'll be with hubby's family I'm not so mixed up with their business..

Your mwo friend,

Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                  X