Day One, Who woulda thunk it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about time, I'm 57 years old and I can't remember the last time I was sober for one day. Let's see what tomorrow brings!:new:

good luck, sparkle!
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Right there with you sparkle. It takes some work, but if you put your mind to it, it's definitely worth it.
      I've been struggling for a while and about the same age, but finally am AL free for over 2 months and it is a great feeling.

Welcome aboard.
      Winefree

Comment

Stay strong Sparkle. I just started out myself. it seems all of us are in this together. :welcome:

Comment

Sparky, :welcome:

Why don't you start by telling us a bit more about why you're wanting to quit, and what plans you have to reach your goal?

I would encourage you to read through as many of the threads on MWO as possible, and to keep posting - you'll get lots of support here!

Good luck!

Tip
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi Sparky - lots of us feeling similar to what you are experiencing. Day 3 AF for me...good luck and keep active on this site. It has amazing people with very similar stories!
            AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Wow its so great to see some new people on MYO. Sparkle, National and Old Soldier welcome. I agree with Tip..tell us something about you....we can all relate.

Comment

Hi sparkle,

Welcome, you've come to a good place!
                I can relate, I'm 55 and was feeling like a total loser back at the beginning of the year. But everything has changed now, largely due to the incredible support I've received from MWO members
                Be prepared for a lot of hard work ahead, many physical & mental changes to come.
                You won't be sorry!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I feel very proud of myself this morning and feel positive. Kind of funny though, I feel hung over. Probably withdrawals

Comment

Working...
                  X