My story..can I ask for your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LuckyMom;665341 wrote: Hi Timpin, I am just staring this journey as well. Giving up wine is going to be hard for me too and I know that I need support to stop the cravings. I got a lot of hope when I read the book and suggest reading it. Also, I just stated the nutitional supplements and think they are helping with the cravings! Get help, try new things (supplements, exerecise, etc) and stay connected with others. Life is precious and you are worth making a positive change in your life!
    Hi LuckyMom

You are right, it is important to stay connected with others. This site has given me the strength.Good luck with your journey and stay in touch.

remember the trigger...it's the first drink that does the damage

Comment

Well Guys...the weekend was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I was all around drink on Friday evening and didn't really feel too bothered. Went to bed and Saturday was OK until friends went to the Pimms bar at the show. However ?2.50 soon sorted the problem for a nice cold glass of home made lemonade..brilliant ! The evening was a little harder, I really would have liked a nice glass of wine, but settled for tonic water with a slice of lemon and some strawberries.In short, not the easiest of weekends with alcohol all around me and lots of temptation, but now I know what to expect, it will be easier next time. Still taking it one day at a time, but I guess it might be like that for a long time.

Comment

timpin,

Really good job at staying AF around so much alcohol.

In my early days, I avoided situations that put me around it. I was really fearing my first trip out of town because I have spent so much time in airports and hotel bars.

But, I did fine and continue to do so and so will you. You just have to know staying AF is more important than giving into the desire for "just one."

Hah, as I recall, "just one" always turned into as many as I could find.

Just one is enough to make me drink a whole lot more.

Right now, I am just grateful to be sober and know that, for me, there will never be "just one."

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Timpin!

Congratulations on staying strong! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
          X