Made it through the night!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on day 3 AF. Tonight was a bit tougher even than last night. I went to a dinner/going away party where everyone else was drinking. I really wanted the first one, knew I couldn't have it and went through about 10 minutes of just wanting to get out of there, run home and cry. But I made it through it and actually started enjoying myself. Good music was playing in the background and I was enjoying the conversation. I was actually present and not in an alcoholic haze. I left before the other guests (I am typically the last to leave and never the first) and opted out of going to a bar later to hear a band. I am now home in bed sober again and thankful. I am certain had I had that first drink I would have ended up blacking out and feeling terrible tomorrow morning, emotionally and physically. This is not easy, but I know I am going to feel great tomorrow!

Present, You are so strong! You did amazingly well in the last two nights.
    I also had a craving for a glass of wine and said to myself - "who are you trying to kid"
    Had tea instead. We are going to feel so good tomorrow
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Being and the new, great job to both of you. my new motto is " i want to leave when people want me to stay rather than stay when they want me to leave" i find that people enjoy my company more when i do this.

Comment

Cacky, I love this! As someone who stayed at parties to the bitter end, I can totally appreciate your new motto. I take, you had an AF evening yourself.
        "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yay! Well done, Being. You must be very proud of yourself. Keep it going
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Great stuff Being and NM!
            It gets easier to as time goes on.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Cacky I have noted your motto, it's fantastic. Being present - I am very proud of you!!!! You are going to feel fabulous this morning, it's a beautiful day for all of us waking up with no fog or fear xxxxxxxxx
              :goodluck:
              Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny
              AF from Thursday 9 July

Comment

From a fellow day 3'er - well done Being and also to you New Me - love the motto Cacky - it seems to hit home with us all

Comment

Good work Present! Bring on day 4!
                  AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Well done everyone i'm on day 3 heres to a sober weekend.

Comment

well done firefox good on ya me and ellabella are on day 3 also what a great buzz xxxxx
                      AF from Thursday 9 July

Comment

Good job!! Rock on!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

You should feel proud of yourself. I am on day three also and went to dinner last night, everyone drinking but I stayed tight with my lemon water. This is the first time in many years that I was sober 3 nights in a row.

Comment

Good morning to all! Feeling great! I am so proud of all of us. And I can't believe how many have just started out and are keeping on track. YAY us!!

Good job New Me. I have fallen off the wagon trying to kid myself before. I still keep trying to do it. However, I think at this point I am no longer kidding myself, I am just lying to myself.

To quote National, bring on day 4!!!!!

Comment

Good morning being present, you sound very happy and full of life today! Good luck as you continue on your journey and have a wonderful day xxx
                              AF from Thursday 9 July

Comment

Working...
                              X