Ok, so not doing so well!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this sucks, just when I had found the strength to get back online & try to move forward, i get a $6500 pay cut due to the recession, not due to anything I have done (or not done), my boss was so apologetic & has put it off for as long as possible, but since I am support staff & dont generate income (retail bites!!!) it had to happen to keep operating costs down, (I dont blame my boss, he has put some bonus's on place for me, but they dont add up to what I have lost) but I have lost my way again.....big time..., just when it thought i was getting back on track, i'm so wild with myself, although, this could be a blessing, I have just cut up my finance credit card which was excepted by my local liquor store & now I wont be able to afford to drink, so I am taking the positve from this with a big smile on my face, PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!!!!!. I can only move forward from this!!!
    Witchy
    XX
    *Witchy*
    Progress, not perfection!!!
    A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Witchy, sorry that it happening to you. it sounds like you are staying strong. that's great.:goodjob:

Comment

(God works in Mysterious Ways!)

Sorry about your pay cut, but it's great that you found a positive outcome!

And... don't forget... a pay cut is better than... no job!!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Im glad to hear at the end of your post, you are able to see the positives in life, and keep your chin up. After all money comes and goes, comes and goes.

Just feel the need to say this.... Im a single Mom, a waitress (not much money) no child support ect.... BUT God has ALWAYS provided for me and my son.

Keep your chin up and stay strong and positive, and remember, it could always be worse!

Overit
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Witchy sorry this has happened but u know u are finding the positive hidden within a difficult situation and that has to be helpful for you. Who was it that said 'when it gets dark enough u can see the stars'

Comment

((hugs)) Witchy. That definitely bites. Yes, focus on the positives and on saving money. Good job cutting up your card. Think of this point forward as a change in your life / lifestyle .. it can be a good one.

When I calculated how much I was spending on booze, it was a mind-blower. For me, it had gotten up to about $20-$25 a day average. Do that math and you will cringe. And, I'm not well-to-do by any means.

Hang in there and count your blessings (I find that always helps me) ... Sometimes it feels as though it can't get any worse, until we think of others out there in worse situations, or in worse health, or what have you.

Hopefully things will start looking up soon.
            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Blessings Witchy

It is tough out there...............
              Just like 42cat, I was astounded when I realized how much my wine habit was costing me. Then I quit the smokes 55 days ago........ they were killing me too (financially & otherwise)!
              I am in the process now of cutting some other expenses, just for the heck of it and saving money for the first time in a long, long time.
              Hang in there, things change
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X