Weekend free of Alocohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend free of Alocohol

Had my very first W/E AF after years of heavy drinking. Spent hours on MWO site and am so grateful to you guys.Read heaps of posts and found it helped me get through the W/E. I am aiming for a A/F week.:thanks:johno
    Boozer

Weekend free of Alocohol

:welcome: Johno and great job on your AF weekend!

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Way to go Johno!!!!! Job well done. Continue your progress right on into the week and next weekend too! You can do it, if you really want it.
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Johno,
        Next time - jump in! We do not bite.
        Great job on the weekend. That's quite an accomplishment. I our lingo, you are 2 days AF!
        "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Congrats Johno! I find this cite so helpful too!! I am getting ready for a dinner date and found myself really wanting a glass of wine with dinner. I know I can't handle it, but this addiction is amazingly strong. I find myself thinking I can do when I know damn well I can't. I got on here to read and remind myself of the struggle all of us go through. None of us would need this cite so much if this were easy. Why do I keep trying to kid myself!!!? Anyhoo, I feel much stronger and certain I can do it AF now.

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Well done Johno on your first A/F weekend and good luck on your A/F week
            :dancin: enguin:
            starting over

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Well done Johno, good to hear you are doing so well!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Good for you Johno! Same here with the w/d a/f. Many, many years for me too.

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Johno,

Once you get a few of those AF weekends in, suddenly they loom less and less.

Glad you made it through your first and hoping you meet your goal of an AF week.

:goodjob:
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Well DOne Johno

it all justs gets better and better from here...once you know you can get through a weekend without it, it takes the egde of the anxiety about having it....good luck with the weekends to come

Love Moo
                    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

Thats great Johno, well done. Take it ODAT and you will get there. I look foward to posting congrats on your 1st week AF thread. Keep up the good work, you can do it.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Weekend free of Alocohol

I too have found this site an invaluable support, and can't believe how lovely everyone has been! best of luck with the next few days Johno.

Comment

Working...
                        X