Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday

Morning all

A bit late with this as I've been out for a ride and walked the dogs and had breakfast (me and the animals) all before 10am. Couldn't do that with a hangover!.

Another AF day planned for today. Yesterday I got over a bit of a waver by reminding myself of the whole ODAT thing. "Tomorrow", I told myself, "you might have some, but TODAY you have said you won't."

Love to all to come.

Bessie xx

ODAT - Monday

Helloooo there !

Hi Bessie and all to come..
    Got to say it does feel good to get up early and do the things that need to be done...
    oh i have my BGpants on toooo
    Going back a few months ago i went with my brother to get acupuncture done, to stop the craving for drinking, at first i didn't believe it... they put the pins in around both ears and you close your eyes and meditate it felt like i was there but not and the body feels heavy, this was free because i go to my CAT meetings, but to get 1hour session done it cost 30 pounds not cheap. But it relieve tension and helps you to relax and stay calm it work for me the first session( for some it may takes a few sessions) on my way home i felt like i was on cloud 9 its like your on a high but without the puff... it a shame because the times they do it is lunch times and im at work and they only do it once a week.. really need it everyday. I do recommend it if you can get it free.... Right thats my little information for today!
    Have a good af monday everyone:l
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Morning Bessie, morning Catch (just realised who you are!)

Monday morning and builders still making noise (they are taking a wall and two chimneys down so not easy to do quietly) and next door neighbours around again, complaining again

Mr next door tells me this morning that his wife (who works from home) can earn ?400 a day and that so far she's lost more than ?800 - yawn yawn. Anyway they think they'll be finished by the end of the week so yay to that.

Can't remember how much I drank on Saturday night - not good!! So have decided to go AF now until we go on holiday on 1st Aug, it really is just so much easier, wonder if that's the way I may go ultimately full time so to speak.

Holiday cottage people go home in 7 days - aah will be a sigh of relief as really are very busy at present with my own house, their house etc. Said at the weekend some days I feel like all I do is stack and unload dishwashers and washing machines :H

Luv to all
      Bx

Comment

ODAT - Monday

ODATERS!!!

Hi Bessie, catch, mummy and all to come

Yesterday I did phase one of my project!!! Took all day and I was whipped!

I had these huge juniper bushes that completely took over the sidewalk. I had tinkered with the idea of having them transplanted ($) or hacked down (leaving roots in the way). At one timeI thought about cutting them into a Japanese bonsai style which would actually be OK with the house style but husb said that would not work and they would be ruined and have to hack them down. I do believe this was so stated to insure no work was generated for himself. :H Now that husb is EO (estranged one), I took them on and I have a sidewalk and the basic style is there. MAGNIFICO!!! EO came by to get shovel and said they really looked good and then said "That's what I wanted to do with them a long time ago". Ho ho ho - I let it go! AF allows me to refrain from engaging in poo conversations. I'm able to be a bit more selective in my reactions and for me, that is a very good thing.

Tip of the day: (inspired by catch) The valium point is on the inside of your arm just above your elbow - the funny bone part. If you were holding a log, the part that would be touching your waist. It is three fingers (index, middle, ring) above the bone that sticks out,towards your armpit. Feel around and you'll find a spot that is a little more tender than the rest. Press there on each arm with your finger for about 10 minutes and it should relax you.

Whassa CAT meeting?

There is the deffinate possibility of and emotional hurdle this week so I have my BGPs on!

Stick like glue to your goal!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi ODATer's!

Haven't been on this thread in a while. I've decided I really need to get Serious!

Too much wasted time and money... Too many stupid excuses!! oke:
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Greeny if you can't get over this week's emotional hurdle after all the other emotional hurdles you've cleared, I'll eat my hat! BGPs nice and tight. Loins girded! You know you can do it!
            Love the sound of what you have done in your garden.

Teardrop - would love to try accupuncture one day - I'm very open to alternative therapies atm.
            MadMummy - oh my goodness, been there, done that, thankfully wihtout the whingeing neighbours. Hope all calms down for you. Being AF actually helps me cope much better with the DIY chaos we often have here.
            Savon - you can now be Serious Savon!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi ODATERS

Well I'm back from my weekend away. Drank on both evenings but did not make a fool of myself so that's not so bad.

Greeny- plan almost worked! I had 2 bucks fizzes at lunchtime (quite honestly they were thrust upon me!) then I drank coke all pm as I was driving to the restaurant. In the end dear HB drove as he knew I was anxious about driving through an unfamiliar, very busy city centre. But the point was that I was sober and could have driven, until the very last moment I thought I was driving. I had 1 glass of wine with my meal and then later in the evening when we were back at our accomodation I had several glasses of wine. All in all not a bad result. Aim to stay AF til the weekend now. Did not drink last night when we got home which in the past would have been a trigger!
              If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi ODATERS

Its day 8 and I'm feeling a bit- restless? irritable? something I can't really put my finger on. I am sure my husband is trying to deliberatly cause arguments. Also a friend expressed dismay that I wasn't drinking as I'd agreed she could take me out for wine for my birthday. I said she could take me out for lemonade but heard nothing. hmmmm.....

I have had acupunture for stress and I can't recommend it enough. Its essential you get a good acupuncturist though- a recommendation if poss. They are sticking needeles in you after all! but I found it wonderful. If I had any bloody money I'd be back!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Ooooh I know that restless/irritable feeling. Not nice. Got a touch of that tonight and would have been half way down a large gin and tonic if there had been any in the house. But I am making do with the tonic and already feeling much less restless as I now know I will put this day away as an AF day. I shall have a bath and read and get to bed - nice clean sheets too! :H:H

Comment

ODAT - Monday

I love clean sheets too! Bliss!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi guys,

Didn't do so hot on the weekend - got quite blotto on Friday night actually - and Saturday was not much better. SUnday I put the BGpants back on my arse and today I am AF again. Back on that wagon. I am beginning to realize that I may not be able to mod.

I guess I will figure that out soon enough - back on the run to 30 days.

See ya tomorrow!
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Working...
                      X