Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?

i can't believe I am cruizing these threads again....this will never end will it? I have been justifying my drinking by only drinking beer cause it doesn't "affect" me the same way. but saturday i drank one large and one regular size bottle of wine all by myself....blackout...feeling horrible today...i have kids...it just can't be this way...i went almost 3 months the last time i joined you all...it is time to get back on that wagon and get my crap together....
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Why?

Welcome back, Star. Congrats on your 3 months way back when -- You did it before and you can do it again, and more. A permanent lifestyle change .. Let's do this for us, and for our families.

Since you haven't been here in awhile, how about reading through the last few pages of posts, etc., to help get yourself back in the AL-free game.

Nice to meet you ... Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Why?

Welcome back !!!
      stick around and jump in the POOL with the rest of us.........the water is FINE !!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Why?

Hi Starfairy (like your name!)...

Yes, it's scary to have to come to that conclusion, isn't it? I think I'm there, too. Just getting sick of spending the money (when I can't afford it!) and depending on alcohol to make me "feel better". Sure, it seems to make me feel better for a while - but then I feel worse!!

3 months is great, btw. Longest I've gone is a month... which seems amazing to me now!

Anyway, good luck to you.
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Why?

Good for you Starfairy for comming back here and jumping on the wagon
          You have done it before and you can do it again........
          Keep really busy and read & post away, you will get through this.....
          :dancin: enguin:
          starting over

Comment

Why?

Star, great job on the 3 months and for coming back in so quickly. we wont judge you because most of us go through the same thing.

Comment

Why?

That's OK Star. Most of us have done much the same.
              Long Road
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Why?

Will it ever end Star ??? I don't know. But it WILL get easier.
                Bridget.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Why?

Hi Star,
                  I am fairly new, so we haven't 'met' but welcome. I hate the blackouts - if there is one thing that makes we want to stop more than anything it's the blackouts.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
                  X