Campral is it safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campral is it safe?

Hi all my name is Tash, my doctor wants me to start taking Campral. Have been told you can take this medication while still drinking. Have concerns, would like to hear from someone who is currently using Campral.:new:

Campral is it safe?

Sorry, Im not actually seeking medical advice as such just if anyone has tried Campral with good outcome. Sorry again. Im new to this. And a bit of a dimwit!

Comment

Campral is it safe?

Hi Tash!
      A huge welcome to you!
      No need for apologies, there are a number of people here that take Campral ,so I am sure someone will be along soon to give you some advice. In the meantime, there is a meds forum here you can check out, there are quite a few threads started on Campral. You might find some info there.
      Good luck!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Campral is it safe?

Hi Tash and :welcome: aboard,

Im taking campral and yes it is safe while drinkin but cant see the point of takin campral while drinking because it doesn't work, you need to be 6days af at least. I started taking my campral on the 7th day and the next day i notice i had no craving. I have learn when to take, and at what times that suits me...I take 2 campral at 10am another 2 at 2pm and the last 2 at 6pm it weird if im late taking them in the afternoon i know the craving creeps in.
        I also take Kudzu and L-glut.

The side effects, stomach-upset, loss of appetite, dry mouth diarrhea, flatulence, weakness and dizziness, if a skin rash or taingling of numbness occur in hands, feet , arms or legs... can indicate reaction to campral......i have had no side effects only a little loss of appetite and a bit of diarrhea nothing bad.

Good Luck.x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Campral is it safe?

Catch is Right Tash,

Campral needs clean time to work. However it is quite safe. It isn't processed by the body unlike other meds but stays in its original form. My experience was that I required additional treatment to be safe.

All Love
          Long Road
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
          X