Here I go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go again

Moderation is not working. I need to stop so today is day 1 again....

Here I go again

Hi there, me too. I tried to moderate last nite, but didn't drink as much as I have recently ... still when I woke up I felt horrible. So, I'm on day 1 too. How are you doing?
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Here I go again

Day one is a good thing. It's the first step to Day 2 and beyond. Hope all goes well for you two today!
      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Here I go again

Today is not bad b/c I'm hungover-It's the days when I feel good and I want a drink to feel even better...I'm already thinking about those days. I have a hard time doing odat. Thanks for all the supporting words.

Comment

Here I go again

Hi all.

My moderation was a just a sick joke!!! (Look at the drinktracker...AARRGG!!)

I need and WILL to stop too. May I join you for Day 1?

Mama

Comment

Here I go again

welcome!

Comment

Here I go again

Hi stopthecycle, janka and MamaZum,

I too found modding nearly impossible. I tried for a month, gave it up and went totally AF. I have to tell you, it's a difficult decision but ultimately much easier to accomplish!!!
              Now, after nearly 4 AF months, I wonder why I was so initially reluctant. I feel good, am happy & proud of myself - couldn't be better
              Please join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. There are lots of people there in various stages of recovery. Lots of support & understanding, no judging.

Wishin you all the best!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Here I go again

I fully understand the "when you're feeling better" thats when it gets tough. Life without alcohol is a life worth living. This place is great post often and we are all here to offer support, stay strong.
                Pyes

Comment

Here I go again

Stopthecycle, janka, and Mama Zum.

I have tried to mod for years and years and years. It NEVER has worked. Now I am AF Day 11 and already stressing about how I am going to do this for the rest of my life. But I know that all I have is today and we have to stay focused, have a plan and keep strong. Many, many of us can mod! Hope tomorrow is better!

Comment

Here I go again

Oh, how I know the feeling of 'I feel pretty good today, I'll have a drink!'.....bad thought! I'm on day 2 today and for me, just focusing on the day and in the moment helps. There is no way I can think that I will never drink alcohol again. I do know that I will live a lot longer without it than with it.
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Here I go again

I am in the same boat. I thought I was successfully moderating the last week or so but no. The worst blow is last night I had 3 martinis watching TV and don't remember going to bed. Should not have been enough to get me even legally drunk so I am confused. Need to get off this vicous cycle already.

Comment

Here I go again

Hi all....good luck with your AF stuff, the early times are the worst, as those of you with some AF success from before well know.

MAMAZUM! Glad to see you back about!!!

Gear, it is not unusual when you have been modding or AF for a while for an upsurge in AL to hit you a lot harder. Our systems like the break we give them, and the tolerance goes down FAST when we ease up on our consumption.

Onward and upward!!

Comment

Working...
                        X