finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally...

Hi All, Believe it or not I visited this sitet last October for weeks. Took the supps, listened to the Cd's to know avail. Returned a few weeks ago and something just shifted 8 days ago and for the first time in almost 7 years I haven't had a drink (12-14 beers an evening). Thats huge for me. I've begun taking Campral, Kudzu ,Calms and a multi Vitamin (tried the all one last year and my stomach just did not agree). This is my first post.
    I am a 42 year mother of 2 daughters. Grew up, parents didn't drink or smoke ,I do both (I was adopted so could be genetic). I drank and partied threw my 20's on and off, had kids in my 30's stopped drinking with out a thought and then turned 36. Mom was diagnosed with cancer and died, daughter is mentally disabled and I was fired from a job I loved. Bamb. 1 glass of wine and here I am 6 years later drinking more than I ever thought possible. And so, Iam truly thankful for stumbling across this web site almost a year ago. One must really be ready to give up the old for the new to begin. It was a real struggle the 1st night, 4th night and this past weekend. Surprisingly I made this far. I've decided to stop beating myself up over this and to look at the last 7 years as a learning experience. There is something to be learned in everything we experience. I miss the old evening buzz but I really like getting up in the morning after a good night sleep and saying I did it again.
    Anyone lurking out there feeling hopeless. Your not. You absolutley can do it. Just want it.
    You are all wonderful!!!!
    Suza

finally...

Thanks !!

Comment

finally...

Feeling hopeless or feeling hopeful?

Well, I am also here at last, having lurked for many moons, reading your stories, crying along with them. My tale of woe (wine) is very, very similar to so many here - just a couple of glasses to relax at the weekend, becomes a couple (or three!) bottles - then hey presto - the bitch is back! I am nasty, sarcastic, vindictive and very cruel when I've had a few - upset many family members and lost friends through the booze. But - guess what? I've decided enough is enough - I've downloaded the book and been so encouraged by everyone here - wanted some advice though on the topa and the CDs - particularly not sure about the topa, and would prefer to use the vitamins and supplements - anyone in UK using topa? I'm a weekend binger, typical routine, two bottles wine on Friday, possibly three on Sat - and recently - :eeks: a bottle (or two) on Sunday - no probs during week - totally abstain, but weekend is out of control now - so - any suggestions for Friday night guys?

Take care and I am hoping to be a regular here.

The Tartan Terror:thanks:

Comment

finally...

You can do it too Brian. Ya really can. Start here. I am 85 days AF. These boards have helped me tons. And my therapist too. If you havent downloaded the book yet thats anther good start. Maybe the topa next. Not that I am a med pusher I just know it has been key for me. But with your situation at home counceling could be a big help. Keep readin here and postin. Lots of people have had lots of experience and have a lot of offer. Take what helps and leave the rest. I sure will be thinkin about you and we are all here to help how ever we can. hugs, gabby
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

finally...

Thank you all for being so honest, it's helpful to know there are others who live every day feeling like ...(well you know) too.As a newbie and hating the thought of AA or another visit to a GP who thinks if you can go 2 days without a drink you're not an alcoholic (never mind the 70 units you cram in after work on the other 5 days of the week-yes 70 on a bad week- which with the alcoholics inventive turn of mind can be most days!) I'm hoping with your support I can finally become a human being with the respect for myself that others, who don't know of my 'problem' seem to think I deserve! I'm great at lying and hiding, masking and avoiding-spent 28 years doing it!! Find a drink on the moon I could. Sad'n pathetic eh? S'ok. that's not a question really. I know The answer. MMMM going on a bit huh. Whatever happens here, I REALLY admire you all and I hope you find each day easier and easier, You deserve to WIN through.

Comment

Working...
          X