day 5 AF coming to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, its a bit of an historic day for me... in that this is the first time in probably 12 years (+) that i've gone five days completely AF. I feel really proud of myself and though i'm not saying its been easy, in all honesty, it hasnt been as hard as i thought.... this time seems to have been different to other times that i've tried to cut down / stop. I think for a start, the fact that i was feeling so crappy every single day (and had done progressively for a long time) and then the pains in my back on top of that really scared me.... also of course, the fact that i can come here and be with like minded people who know how this whole thing works... when i'm not able to be online, i think back to the comments people have left me, and other people's stories, the toolbox, and just the feeling of support and empathy - it really does help. I think i'll always have a strained relationship with Al. I think i'm an all or nothing kind of person, like this week as well as being AF, i've been trying to eat super healthy (the stopping smoking and starting exercising may come later lol) - one thing at a time. I'm always going to have to check myself and be very self-aware not to slip back into the old routine...

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, and thanks to all MWO's xxx

Ella, congrats on Day 5. Wonderfully done!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Ella congrats on your 5 Days AF, bet you feel good. It sounds like you have put a plan of action in place and are using the tools available to us. Keep up the good work and well done again.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

:thanks::thanks::thanks::l

Comment

Congrats Ellabella! 5 days rocks. I never thought I would be an ex-smoker, ex-drinker and exerciser becoming weight lifter, but here I am. You can do whatever you set your mind to so be fearless!

Strength and hope to you,
          DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Ella..congratulations on reaching day 5 !!! I'm one day behind you on day 4 and seem to be like you..a smoker as well. Like you, i'll fix that next but for the time being we just need to deal with the problem in hand. I feel so much better already. What are we going to feel like once we stop the weed as well !!

You should feel proud of yourself..I am proud of you too !

regards...Tim

Comment

Congrats, Ella! WELL DONE! :h
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I am following you, here is to day 1

:thanks:
                True love is forgiving the unforgiveable:angelgirl::angelgirl::angelgirl:

Comment

Ella - Great work, keep it up

Welcome Jada, well done on day 1
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

Great job Ella,
                    Feels good, doesn't it??

Welcome to you too Jada.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good work Ella - you are past the physical withdrawals now - only emotional and you have proven this past week that you can deal with that - keep it up!
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Working...
                      X