Willing to save my marriage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, (I'm happy to find people like me)

I've been married for almost 2 years now.. My husband does not drink and is a highly believer in God, I feel hopeless when I have to hide and ashamed when I lie. I mostly drink when I'm bored, I feel like I'm partying and having fun again (except I'm at home).. I'm taking Wellbutrin and Lexapro and seeking therapy advise, this is AF day 1..

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Hi Savannah & welcome, this is a great site and you will get loads of support here

I am now on Day 17 A/F (again) and the route that I have taken is to never touch a drop of AL ever again, because if I kept on drinking then by now I would have no marriage, my hubby drinks occacionally (sp)
    Have you read the My Way Out Book, plus I find that L-Glut helps alot with cravings, you can get it from any health store and it is all herbal.
    Im afraid I dont know anything about the meds. that you are taking.
    But well done on Day 1 A/F, I am sure you will do really well here
    What helped me to stay sober was to keep really busy and drink lots of cold water and keep posting and reading on here
    I look forward to getting to know you
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

Hi Sav,
      How is your day going? You mentioned that hubby is a high believer. What about you? Not questioning you beliefs or judging in any way, just wondering. I'm just wondering about how hubby may by controlling and righteous, possibly. Powerlessness can lead to hopelessness which can lead to the intense need for an outlet. Again not sure if this relates to you, just wondering as my husband's family is also very religious.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

I see your point.. I love God, but when I drink and find my outlet and relax, it seems he's closer to God than I am and now I don't know when to stop, so I drink a 1.5L bottle of chardonnay, I know it sounds crazy, but most of the time thats how I feel..

Comment

Hi and welcome Savannah,
          Is your husband aware of your drinking problem? And your quest to find sobriety?
          For me, I began my journey by reading the book "My Way Out" which inspired me to commit to a plan.

Congrats on your first AF day -- WHOOOHOOO!!!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

He is very aware, he even went to my first therapy session with me.. Sometimes I don't know if I'm trying to stay sober for him or myself.. I know it's killing my health, but I really need to stop drinking wine, COMPLETELY, that's my downfall..

Comment

That's great that your hubby is supporting you.
              Do this for YOURSELF.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Savannah,

Welcome, glad you're here!
                Please be sure to make a good plan for yourself after you've read the book. We're all a little different and have different needs. I've been on Lexapro in the past and found that it did nothing to help reduce my desire to drink. And, drinking while taking Lexapro causes a lot of problems, believe me.
                Please stay close, do a lot of reading & posting, there's a lot of help & support here. Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread too.

Wishing you the best!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X