AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

I know i must sound like a broken record but here i go again. I had a rough night last night.

Here is my story ...last year on July 17, 2008 i left to go to a rehab in California. I managed to stay AF for 90 days. (60 days there and 30 days at home). I was still dealing with a bad situation at home with hubbie of 18 years and things got really crazy and i moved out.

The day i moved out i was drunk and embarrassed myself and my children and was arrested for offensive touching (on my husband). At that time December 2008, i was also facing DUI charges. Since that time (8 months ago), i managed to have all charges dismissed and managed to stay sober in front of my kids and family.

When i left i agreed to pay the mortgage on the house. We were pursuing a divorce but just stopped. Shortly after i left he started a pretty serious relationship and exposed my children to this woman (who appears to be very nice). I thought he broke up with her and we briefly started dating. That stopped over the last month.

Well last night he told me he was still seeing her and wanted to bring the kids around her again. I was on chat last night and was told by a couple of women that he is taking advantage of me. Im starting to see the light. He is getting his cake and eating it to. I feel like im sitting in this self imposed limbo and he is moving on with his life and im footing the bill. anyway, i was drinking last night but had enough forsight (sp) to tell him i was upset but i didnt want to talk about it at the time. i was so upset.

So i woke up this morning after a lot of crying and decided im going to go AF. When i realized the date (the same date as my last sobriety date), i realized that its the right time. If i could do it then i can do it now. I have my kids this weekend and then most of next week too. I thought about my situation. I am not doing anything productive with my life and just sitting here being sometimes sober and sometimes not. so its time for me to take a stand with the AL and after my mind clears i plan to take a stand on my personal life. i dont blame him for dating but what i do blame him for is that he is expecting me to pay the mortgage still (he cant afford to live there on his own).

I know i may sound like a sucker and maybe i am..but i know today that i wont be able to figure it out or move forward if i am still drinking.

Anyway i know that is alot of information and probably too much information but i felt like i needed to put my cards on the table

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Dearest Cacky,

Life is not only not fair - it really stinks sometimes. But drinking isn't fair to you or your kids. The date sounds lucky - go for it and know that we're all thinking of you.

Hang tough:l

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

This is only my second day of MWO.. I am with you all the way.. XOXOX.. You look at those lovely children that God has given you and hopefully your happiness will start there. As for your husband, try to stay sober when talking to him, I believe that will help clear your mind.. LOTS OF LOVE

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

well cacky life is hard & sometimes feels very unfair & unjust,start with the af get a clear mind & you will be able to deal with your other problems in a better frame of mind,we dont recieve wisdom we must discover it for ourselfs after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Sounds like perfect timing date-wise to start being AF. You did it before, so you know it can be done, and you know how to do it. Be strong. Here's to a good day, an even better weekend, and lots of happy AF things to come.

It's amazing what we can accomplish with a clear head. You can make it happen!
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Sounds like it is time and you are ready. I am glad you are deciding to face the issues in your life without AL. I know for me, a lot of the issues that seems so big become a lot smaller when I am not fueling them with alcohol.

Good for you, Cacky. You definitely do this again. I will hold you in my thoughts today.

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

i know im safe from drinking AL today but i am so wrapped up in self pity right now. im just so confused. i dont know what i want and what to do next. you know am i upset about the financial piece or am i upset because i still want to be with him.

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Excellent timing. I will support you in any way I can. You are not a victim.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

By the way im taking 60mgs of bac and the 2 x 333 campral 3 times a day. i need to start going back to meetings...i havent been going and i also need to get some therapy to figure out what's going on with me

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Cacky,

First off, I want to say I am impressed with your resolve never to drink while your children are with you. That is very difficult to do if you are continuing to want to drink. I know.

Secondly, I hope this is a great start on a new AF life for you. Getting the alcohol out of your life will surely allow you to deal with the other issues in a much more rational manner. It is hard to think when we are befuddled by that stuff. I know that well, too.

Also, I am sorry about the ex situation. It must hurt but you must do like Greenie and wear those BGPs and do what is right.

Therapy sounds like a really good idea.

Oh, and enjoy the kids this week!!

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Cindi, what are BGPs?

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Big Girl Pants.

It comes from Greeneyes, who finally had to put on her BGPs and just do it.

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

:l Cacky

Your situation sounds a bit like mine was 11 years ago. Which is, incidentally, when my drinking started. So not worth it.

You got it right, honey, first you have to get a clear head, then deal with the emotional stuff. And, you can do it, too... you've already proven that. Lean on us anytime you need to, ok?

Big hugs - now go do it!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Cin, i love that BGP..its time

Sunny you know you are so right. 8 months ago i was at the lowest point in my life. my kids didnt want to be around me. now they cant get enough of me. that's what i have to learn to love and not worry about the rest

Comment

AF Day 1 July 17, 2009

Hi All
                              Day 3 for me. I am feeling so much better without alcohol in my body! One day at a time....July 17 and alcohol free.
                              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Working...
                              X